Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,665   Posts: 1,481,687   Online: 714

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Omega does in fact make it so you can slide the lensboard out to change lenses, and mounting plates.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Yes, but its also not necessary. Regardless, the lens is not protruding past the lens board. And a nice APUG member has hooked me up with a turret and new spacer, so all these issues will be solved.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm looking for the lens mounting hardware if anyone has some to unload in my direction. I have a D5XL with turret and no mounting parts right now. I will find them one way or another. Worst case is to get out the blow torch and make my own...

But premade ones are so much prettier.
    Tim Flynn

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowtracker View Post
    I'm looking for the lens mounting hardware if anyone has some to unload in my direction. I have a D5XL with turret and no mounting parts right now. I will find them one way or another. Worst case is to get out the blow torch and make my own...

But premade ones are so much prettier.
    Which lens(es) are you trying to mount to the turret? I have a couple of extra plates.

I assume that you have reviewed the chart on KHB's site.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a Schneider Componon (no S is on the lens) 5.6 135mm
    Telsar Anastigmat 4.5 105mm (No name other than Japan on it)
    El-Nikkor f/4 80mm
    El-Nikkor f/4 75mm
    Rodenstock Rogonar SC 75mm

Of those, I would like to put the 135mm and 80mm on the turret. The 105mm could go on there but I will be looking for a 150mm instead of it in time. The 135mm lens has a shoulder on it that is smaller in diameter than the standard 39mm threads. The serial number is 11 528 120. It does have a retaining ring for it.

For the 135mm, this is what I found on the KHB site - 135mm 32.5mm N/A 421-931 421-931
    Last edited by Shadowtracker; 05-13-2010 at 11:09 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: new info
    Tim Flynn

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Tim:

I'll check tomorrow to see if I have either a 421-931 (for the Schneider 135mm lens) or an extra 421-932 (for the El-Nikkor 80mm).

I don't have any extra nurled screws, but KHB's prices for those aren't bad.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks Matt. Let me know what you want for them + S&H.
    Tim Flynn

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Tim:

I've just checked, and unfortunately don't have either the 421-931 or the 431-932.

One point that you might already be aware of - those plates are newer replacement models. Most likely the older versions (421-131 and 421-132) will also work for you.
    Matt

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    BTW, Chromegatrol is my new favorite word :-)

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I don't want to start a new thread because this isn't crucial but ... I have the Omega "under lens" filter holder for this, including the triangle bracket which is screwed into the lens stage. Anyhow, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to attach the bar with the filter holder into the bracket. One end has like the copper-thing (its not a cotter pin, but round, same idea) so the filter assembly doesn't fall off. The other end SEEMS to fit into the bracket hole just fine, but its not threaded nor does it want to stay very secure .. falls off. I have a feeling it may be broken at that end. Everything else is good, including the variable height adjusting unit for the holder.

Thanks for any help. (Again)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin