Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,686   Posts: 1,482,305   Online: 952

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    Multi Format
    can you post a photo of this item? I think I know what you are talking about but without seeing it, I'm not sure. Since we are close by, I might be able to come over and figure this out - I've broken enough things in my life I have had to learn how to fix things.... or starve.
    Tim Flynn

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    5string - check the part this ribbed end goes into. There should be matching ribs that would cause this to be a 'force fit' = tight enough to have to use force to put it in but not so tight that you can't get it out. If those ribs are plastic, chances are good that you will need a putty, plastic wood or just glue to secure this into place. It's my guess that someone 'twisted' this rod out and stripped down the ridge tops or even the entire set of those teeth.

If they are in good shape, then there is probably something else amiss but I can't guess what. If that nipple that goes into the securing part protrudes, you can carefully make a groove for a clevis pin (the circular thing that acts like a cotter pin on the other end). doing this would not be easy as the line would need to be straight all the way around and the right size pin found. My guess is that the nipple only goes up to the upper surface of the part it enters.

Another way to make this work, though more complicated, is to have a machinist drill a small diameter hole in the tip end of this, tap it, then use a bolt and washer on the upper side to hold it in place, or a thumbscrew and washer. This would be the most secure method that is also remove-able from the enlarger, though also the trickiest to implement.
    Tim Flynn

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images

Omega D5-XL Lensboard dilemma

Thanks I've been looking at it and indeed the ribs are just worn down. It goes in flush so no chance of securing it from above. I think I'll just JBWeld it in place.

Again not a big deal as I'm using the Dichroic filters right now anyways. I just like stuff to work :-)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    MattKing - I found a turret with 50mm, 105mm and 135mm lens mounted on the turret today. This will suit me fine for a while though I will be looking for a 150 or 180mm lens for it. Thanks for your effort looking for parts for me.
    Tim Flynn

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowtracker View Post
    MattKing - I found a turret with 50mm, 105mm and 135mm lens mounted on the turret today. This will suit me fine for a while though I will be looking for a 150 or 180mm lens for it. Thanks for your effort looking for parts for me.
    Tim:

Glad to hear it!
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin