Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,703   Posts: 1,482,673   Online: 769

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images

Omega D5-XL Lensboard dilemma

Allo all:

Just picked up an Omega D5-XL Super Dichronic today for a steal ... anyways I'm having a lensboard dilemma.

In the picture below, I believe I have the 421-107 slide in mount ... it also came with the other two pieces. I know what the 421-109 is for, and I need it for my 39mm mount lenses. However it will not attach directly to the flat slide in piece ... the middle piece need to be screwed in first. See those black screws? Well if I attach the middle piece to the left piece, the 109 attaches fine with the thumb screws, but then the darn mount won't slide in the enlarger because the black screws protrude too far out the back.

Question is then, are these simply the wrong screws (the two pieces were already attached, I took them apart) or is it meant to be assembled after the slide in flat part is already in the enlarger? Thus allowing the 109 piece to simply come on and off?

Thanks

Here's another of the back of the board when assembled:

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I can't really answer your question for sure (I use D5500 which is different), however, the hardware is good-old USA SAE, so you should be able to get two shorter screws with no problem.

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    That of course crossed my mind, but I know this enlarger came from a working darkroom and this was not assembled willy-nilly .... so I just wanted to know if I'm being a doofus before I run out and get different screws :-) I like to understand the equipment before I just decide its not right ... because most of the time I'm not right!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    You are missing one piece. There should be another spacer that looks almost like the one with the two holes, but neither hole is threaded. It goes between the slide in part and the flat plate that is screwed to it. I can't see why you couldn't make one out of matt board.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Or just cut off your screws, or put in a couple of washers ? Since the whole assy goes up and down, don't think its an exacting science.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Try www.darkroompro.com for the correct diagram and other info. on D series Omega enlargers.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ralnphot View Post
    Try www.darkroompro.com for the correct diagram and other info. on D series Omega enlargers.
    Hmm, this site won't let me scroll down in the enlarger section, so I can't get past the Beselers :-) This is with Firefox. Safari is the same.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Dear 5stringdeath,

A quick trip to the local ACE Hardware will allow you to get the shorter screws you need. Another spacer will be harder to find than shorter screws.

Neal Wydra

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 5stringdeath View Post
    Hmm, this site won't let me scroll down in the enlarger section, so I can't get past the Beselers :-) This is with Firefox. Safari is the same.
    Try right-click and open in new tab or window. I think it's coding error.

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Werd :-)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin