Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,205   Posts: 1,531,746   Online: 896

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    diatomaceous earth filter will filter pretty much everything out

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Pat: It will be inside and out of direct light, but this is a good idea none-the-less.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As I write this I am drinking a glass of "cloud juice" cooled with "cloud juice cubes." My entire house runs off rainwater which we collect from our metal roof and store in above ground tanks. It is filtered twice on its way into the house and goes through a UV light sterilization process before it gets to us. In the darkroom I have another filter on both the hot and cold feed lines, which is probably redundant. This water presents no problem, however it is a relatively sophisticated system. When I make a glass of ice water at night and set on the bed side table at night and leave it there all night, Guess what I find floating on the bottom of the glass in the morning? Nothing. THere is only pure water in the glass. Bill Barber

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Bacteria and sediment are your two main concerns. If you take care of those, it is fine.
    Kirk

For up from the ashes, up from the ashes, grow the roses of success!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I did this in Australia on my then wife's parent's dairy farm. Developed a heap of 4x5 film. It was in a house they no longer used, so the rain tank was not actually in use anymore. I used paper filters they had for filtering milk to filter out the various larve that was in the water. An electric tea kettle heated water up.

Had to stop developing when a thunder storm moved in -- the blankets could not keep that amount of light out! Did not want to flash the negs!

An on/off valve might be handy on the collection system so that you can hose off the roof after dust storms (if coastal NB ever gets any) or after long spells without rain to keep the collection tank relatively clean.

Vaughn
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin