Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,717   Posts: 1,483,079   Online: 929

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Leitz Wetzlar Focomat 1c-Color Enlarger question

I might be able to get one of these really cheap. In near mint condition, the leitz lens is clean and clear. I hear good things about these enlargers that they are "in a league of their own". I'm considering it -if it will give my 35mm black and white prints a slight 'edge' when compared to other enlargers and lenses. What do you think? Not that I need another enlarger, would probably sell two of mine if I picked this one up. thnx!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean
    I might be able to get one of these really cheap. In near mint condition, the leitz lens is clean and clear. I hear good things about these enlargers that they are "in a league of their own". I'm considering it -if it will give my 35mm black and white prints a slight 'edge' when compared to other enlargers and lenses. What do you think? Not that I need another enlarger, would probably sell two of mine if I picked this one up. thnx!
    You saw it to.... I was thinking about it, but you go for it. They are ment to be very good enlargers.
    David Boyce

When bankers get together for dinner, they discuss art. When artists get together for dinner, they discuss money. Oscar Wilde Blog fp4.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I saw it first! kidding. It closes in just over an hour. It has the focotar 50mm 4.5 lens which I'm trying to find info about and will ultimately decide if it's worth the purchase. The lens has also just been professionally cleaned. So if anyone has experience with the focotar 50 (not the focotar-2), please let me know asap

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sean, I don't think this is a good idea. You will set it up in the new darkroom next to the beast and leave the room. As soon as the door shuts all you hear is the squeak of metal and a satisfied burp. Upon further investigation the Leitz will be gone and the pulse xenon will burn a little brighter...
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    you might be right. the power point for the big enlarger is getting hooked up within a week. I'll be hiding behind a concrete wall when I flip it on. She's getting pretty old so hoping nothing in the powersupply melts down on me!

Images
    you might be right. the power point for the big enlarger is getting hooked up within a week. I'll be hiding behind a concrete wall when I flip it on. She's getting pretty old so hoping nothing in the powersupply melts down on me!
    I'll be looking for the glow in the Southwestern sky :o
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I might rent it out as a tanning booth to offset costs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I might rent it out as a tanning booth to offset costs
    heh heh
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin