Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,677   Posts: 1,482,037   Online: 828

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I own the one you bought. I like it a lot. The dots are springloaden little stoppers sunken in the baseboard. You can twist them with a little screwdriver and make them jump up some 3 millimeter to act as stoppers for the papersize you use. Sometimes you may have to replace "lame"springs with ballpointsprings depending on the age of your board. The symbols are designed to quickly adjust the arms to the papersize you use. Papersizes from different manufacturers are not always equal so I made my own markings as I did on my enlargercollumn. I hope the gasspring on your board is stil under enough pressure. I had to replace mine some time ago. They can be ordered from Dunco. Congratulations, it's a good board. You will never want another....

Jaap Jan

Shooter
    35mm
    That's brilliant Jaap, thanks for your input. I was wondering about the gas spring, wondering if because it is under pressure it might be a problem for sending it to me by post (you know, can't put things under pressure in an aircraft, that kind of thing). BUT, first it has to get here
    Last edited by gamincurieux; 02-13-2010 at 08:45 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Actually..... do you have the instructions???

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    No, Sorry

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks again Jaap!

Shooter
    35mm
    It's arrived, very quickly, but broken.

The board and frame is intact, but all 4 blade-tightening knobs are broken. That in turn has broken the whole tightening mechanism. Snapped pieces of plastic. The gas pressure thingo is also out of gas.

Just plastic though they may be, this was poorly packed. Can't say I'm being too fussy, I've had bigger heavier more fragile things come to be from the US well packed & intact. He'll be getting Ebay feedback that I hope he regrets.

Now, to see if I can squeeze a few bucks out of someone for this, because I'm going to have to buy new blades from Dunco.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Sorry to hear that...
    Can't you just buy new knobs???

Shooter
    35mm
    Actually the knobs are fine, it is the whole braking mechanism which is smashed, the bit under the knobs that goes around the frame & screwed onto the blades, all four.

He could have unscrewed the knobs for transit, the bare metal screws the knobs screw onto would've withstood the knocking about much better without the knobs. It wasn't packed well.

Sure, I'll buy new whatever's needed, once I resolve this through Paypal

Shooter
    35mm
    I've just been playing with the easel. It might only have one semi-working blade, but WOW I am impressed!!! It makes paper placement SO EASY, this is exactly what I've been looking for! I can't wait til I have it working properly. That said, the very helpful people a Dunco are sorting me out with spares.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin