Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,577   Posts: 1,545,719   Online: 805

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm
    I have noticed something, when the frame/blades are lowered directly down onto the paper guides. Because they are spring-loaded they tend to keep the blades elevated a mm or two above the paper, the blades won't actually make contact with the paper. Specifically, this is the upper AND left-sided blades because that's where the paper guides are - the lower and right-side blades do (I imagine) make contact with the paper.

Not having the chance to try for myself until I get the spares, I was wondering if that means the black neg-edge borders I try to do on those two offending sides might not be sharp.... ???

Shooter
    35mm
    Any thoughts anyone...... ?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    mine is 90/5 model, bought new two years ago. Despite istructions, I can't re-set a perfect 90 degree angles of masking blades and I've to use paper scotch for the purpose, above all printing 30x40 and 50x60 size.
    I'm seriously thinking at Versamask system.
    Joseph

Shooter
    35mm
    Hmm, Versamask. NO, I've bought enough!

Any other Dunco user have something to add concerning my last post about blades coming down onto the paper guides making the blade sit slightly above the paper & if this means that border might not be sharp as a result???

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hi gamincurieux,

I just read up on this thread and I'm wondering how things progressed since your last post. Did you get the Dunco fixed? Do you like it? Do you get the sharp edges that you were asking about? BTW does this easel support 11x14inch papers? Hope you can give us an update. thanks.

Menno

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have the same easel, but mine is branded Kindermann. Yes the easel support 11x14 papers, but there are no stoppers for that size so you have to use the ones for 12x16 or 9.5x12. The reason for the spring loaded stoppers is that you can make different enlargements without the need to move the easel under the enlarger as the different paper sizes are always centered if you use the correct stoppers for the given paper size.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use a Dunco enlarging easel, the large 20"x28" model. While the unit works, the build quality is not really up to the asking price and I would not rely on it for repeatable precise 90º borders.

Tom

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin