Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,747   Posts: 1,515,685   Online: 940

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Congratulations on the new enlarger. I wish that it were possible for you to find a new lamp for it. Somebody somewhere in the world must be willing to get rid of one. But then, of course, there would be the problem of shipping it safely again.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    damn those gorillas who handle packages. Was there any other damage besides the bulb? What is the bulb that comes with it?
    The bulb is actually a cold cathode tube. And the only way to damage any of the rest of it would be to drive a tank over it. It is really well made.

Steve

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    When you make your LED light source send me a note if possible on your approach to the construction of it. I'd like to make a head for my Durst which is sitting outside the darkroom without one. I use a Beseler 45 right now.
    I will post some pictures of it when it is done. The LED PCB I have comes from one of these: http://www.xlprosystems.com/catalog/...467ee896edb0a1

I occasionally do some sound engineering work for a local sound company who have their own staging and lighting. They had a couple of these lights with some green LED failures. I fixed one PCB for them with an LED from the other and kept the remaining PCB for myself. I have since replaced the defective LEDs on my PCB so I can now try it in the enlarger.

Steve.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    A couple of pictures of it after I put it back together:

Steve.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails devere1.jpg   devere2.jpg  

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Got offered a head that looks very similar a couple of weeks ago. I think he said it was for a DeVere, but would need to double check.

PM if you're interested.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Steve, I paid £90 for a new tube for the same head over 15 years ago, the things are hand made and hellishly expensive. You're better off making an LED head as you plan to and using the casing, it's bad luck the tube broke in transit.

I had the same enlarger in the 70's but with a heavily dampened Navy frame, used on board ships, but I converted the enlarger for horizontal use with a new frame and used the De Vere frame to mount a copy camera itself a De Vere monorail.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    I had the same enlarger in the 70's but with a heavily dampened Navy frame, used on board ships
    This one has a brass plate which looks like it has an MOD sign on it. I will have a closer look tomorrow.

Steve.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Plate:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails devere3.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    De Vere had the MOD contracts for enlargers which went to the Army, Navy & Air force. At one time the ex-MOD/Government surplus shops like A.W. Young, Harringay Photographic Supplies, Marston & Heard etc had many enlargers cameras etc, there were a lot of simple wooden 5x4 cameras as well as quite exotic offerings. They also sold off film & paper at bargain prices.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ok, now that I see it, it looks like a good one for a LED project as that is not a common head. Nice that it incorporates a wall mount bracket on the chassis. Good luck, keep us posted.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin