Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,507   Posts: 1,543,533   Online: 1031

Shooter
    35mm

Meopta Meograde Head Instructions Wanted

Hi folks,

Does anyone out there have an instruction sheet or manual for a Meograde head as fitted to a Meopta Magnifax 4a (B&W) enlarger ?.

David47

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Try the Ilford datasheet, but that's for a Meopta colour head.

But this is the Meograde description

"Identical in size and specification to the Color 3 head, the Meograde head will replace the condenser head of any current Meopta black & white enlarger. A single filtration dial for contrast grades 0 to 5 (in half grade steps) has the advantage of retaining uniform exposure throughout the contrast range of VC black & white papers."

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    I used to have a meograde head on a Opemus 5a. It's a fairly simple thing. Do you have a specific issue?
    Steve.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David47 View Post
    Hi folks,

Does anyone out there have an instruction sheet or manual for a Meograde head as fitted to a Meopta Magnifax 4a (B&W) enlarger ?.

David47
    I do David. Unfortunately it is not very informative as it is a joint document with the Color 3 head, and there is more info on that than the Meograde. In total, it is just three sides of A4.

If you P.M me your email I will scan it and send it to you, but that will be tomorrow now, that's Friday, as I am just off to bed.

Cheers

Stoo

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks guys ... I appreciate your input. By way of explanation, I'm returning to B&W photography (35mm and 6x7 MF) after a "lifetime" of working. I'm in the process of setting up my darkroom, and being a retired Engineer, I'm a bit anal about reading instructions. The instructions I got with the enlarger relate to the Magnifax 4 .... hence the question.

Ian, thanks for the link - I've downloaded the data sheet and will work my way through it.

Steve, there probably isn't an issue - I'm just used to dealing with complication !

Stoo, I'll send my email details to you and thanks for the offer.

Again, thanks to all.

David

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi all,

I would love a copy of this document if possible. Took delivery of the Meopta Meograde 4a today and am getting back into B&W after 5 years away with Canon and Leica digital.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin