Switch to English Language Passer en langue franÁaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,221   Online: 1053

Thread: Jobo ATL1000

Shooter
    Medium Format

Jobo ATL1000

Hi everyone. This is my first post. I live in Amsterdam, Netherlands. Iíve just retired as a pro and, free from client constraints for speed and the need to balance the budget, I am going back to film. I took my Hasselblads out of storage, has some CLA done and I am busy organizing my darkroom. Over the years Iíve collected some excellent darkroom equipment, chief of which is a Durst 1200 with the CLS 501 head. Built like a tank in Italy near where I was born. In fact, I was so impressed with Durst that on one of my trips back home I took time off to visit the factory. Great team.

My question: I have two Jobo ATL1000 processors that I purchased second hand some years ago and never used. One has the standard cycles (white letters on black background) which I understand. However, the second ATL (S/n 13781) has a modified set of cycles (black letters on a white background) as follows:

Cleaning
    E6 ST
    E6 +1
    E6 3B
    3B +1
    Process A
    C41 ST
    C41 +1
    Process B
    B/W 5
    B/W 7
    B/W 9
    Process C
    Process D
    R3 RT
    RA4 RT

My question: what are Process A, B , C and D? How can I find out by running the machine?

Any information will be very welcome. Thank you all for your sharing.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Dear dorigatti,

Welcome back. This link might help: http://www.jobo.com/jobo_service_ana...tl-1500_00.htm

Good luck,

Neal Wydra

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi Neal,

Thanks for the link. I have the manuals. Problem with this particular ATL1000 is that I think it has been modified by Jobo as per user requirement. This is a service they used to offer on the 1000's. Thus the Process A,B, C, D which could mean anything. Do you know if Jobo are still in business?

Carlo

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Dear Carlo,

The word on Jobo is not good. I suggest you try and contact them directly. Here is the contact page but I know the information referring to the U.S. is incorrect.

http://www.jobo.com/web/Contact.171.0.html

I suppose you could try and find the distributor that serviced the company that used that particular unit.

Do you think you could fill it with water and record the steps as they go?

Neal

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yes, I could fill it with water but how to see the steps? If you lift the cover the processor stops.
    Last edited by dorigatti; 05-29-2010 at 04:41 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    JOBO offered custom programing on the ATL-1000. The attached custom programing form may help you with reverse engineering the custom programs on your machine. Run the custom programs and time each step. The Cleaning program is #16 so the E6 ST on your list should be program #1.
    Regards
    Ed
    Attached Files

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by dorigatti View Post
    Yes, I could fill it with water but how to see the steps? If you lift the cover the processor stops.
    When a step finishes, the lift will engage to drain the tank, that is hard to miss. It also shows you what step it's currently on.

Besides, you can use a magnet on the left side of the control box to trick the ATL into thinking the cover is open. But you have then to keep the bottle caps closed somehow (the cover is doing that).
    Sorin

__________________________________________________ __________________________________
    Frugal Sorin Blog - Last article : light proof material (for darkroom, changing bag, focusing cloth,etc)

Shooter
    Digital Negs
    I was looking for information on the Jobo ATL1000 after I purchased mine, I found this website: http://www.tk-imaging.de/ATL1000.html.
    You may be able to get some information from him / them.

BTW I think that the self programming feature is / was only available on the ATL1500

nn

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks guys. I have not actually used the ATL1000. I bought two of them some years ago and kept them in storage for the day I would be able to go back to film. Since 2001 I worked digitally because of my photo business requirements. I needed quick turnaround and small images. Now I'm retired and going back to doing what I really like. Frankly, hanging around in my darkroom in my shorts, listening to music and using my hands sure beats the stiff back I get behind the computer screen. Fact is, because of the learning curve, volume of images and keeping up with technology, post processing digital takes longer than darkroom work.

I see that the ATL has a set of 6 lights that indicate the processing steps being carried out. I plan to fill the ATL with water and see what happens with the lights. I'll keep you posted and in between any further info will be much appreciated.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  ó   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin