Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,008   Posts: 1,524,578   Online: 1012

Shooter
    35mm

Developing chems??

I have bought some developing chemicals and have used it to develop some c41 film, the stuff I mixed but didn't use I put into storage, how long will it keep for, I've put it in plastic pop bottles and squeezed all the air out, also I tipped what I did use down the plug, I heard that some of the chems can be re-used, what ones are they, the kit I got is the Tetenal 1L kit for c41 film, which include colour developer, fixer and stabiliser.

Thanks in advance.

~John~

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The developer from Kodak is supposed to last two weeks, if I remember correctly. I can't imagine the tetanal kit would last much longer. The blix and stabilizer might last longer, though, and can also be reused, unlike the developer.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I've had C41 developer in a delta datatainer for 6 months and it worked fine. Figure about that for soda bottles. Glass bottles will probably last much longer if you can find them.
    --Nicholas Andre

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've had the tetenal kit last for yonks, over a year.

But I left it as concentrate in the original bottles and mixed it up in small amounts (500ml) as I needed it.

I've got some expired Kodak E-6 CD and as well as Kodak Flexicolor, they all act as fresh, I just mix the concentrates up as I need them.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin