Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,280   Posts: 1,534,894   Online: 819

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

DeVere 504 measurements with dichromat head

Out of curiosity, could someone measure their workbench standing DeVere 504 enlarger with Dichromat head, both column length and maximum extension? As a point of comparison my DeVere 5108 head column is approx. 50 inches in length.

Tom

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Tom,
    My column scale is marked to a maximum of 44.5 inches on the right; 113cm on the left. Fully extended, the bottom of the lens stage is approximately 41 inches from the base board.
    Hope that helps.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AdClem View Post
    Tom,
    My column scale is marked to a maximum of 44.5 inches on the right; 113cm on the left. Fully extended, the bottom of the lens stage is approximately 41 inches from the base board.
    Hope that helps.
    Thanks. What about the height from the top of the fully extended head to the work bench?

Tom

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kershaw View Post
    Thanks. What about the height from the top of the fully extended head to the work bench?

Tom
    Fractionally over 53 inches. It's a Mk V dichromat head, which is a bit shallower than a Mk III. My Varicon would need yet more clearance.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Fractionally over 53 inches. It's a Mk V dichromat head, which is a bit shallower than a Mk III. My Varicon would need yet more clearance.
    I'm not sure which version my DeVere 5108 head is, possibly Mk IV.

Tom

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Apologies. Re-read, and realised you asked for height from the bench - I gave you from the base board, so you'll have to add another 5 inches. As for difference between 5108 and 504 heads, your guess is as good as mine.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Next height question: What is the height from the work bench to the top of the column, with the column being the highest object?

Tom

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kershaw View Post
    Next height question: What is the height from the work bench to the top of the column, with the column being the highest object?
    I think we've come full circle. It's 50 inches. Perhaps the bench mounted 5108s and 504s share a common chassis.

This is all a bit esoteric. Why do you need to know?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think we've come full circle. It's 50 inches. Perhaps the bench mounted 5108s and 504s share a common chassis.

This is all a bit esoteric. Why do you need to know?
    - considering whether I can fit in another DeVere enlarger.

Tom

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin