Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,911   Posts: 1,584,688   Online: 714

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Marc's point about the image link cannot be overemphazised. See attached:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SystemResolution.jpg  
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by marcmarc View Post
    If money is an issue then wait until it is not. Have a garage sale, cut back on some other expenses (like not eating out so often) etc until you can afford a six element lens. Like Mr. Lambrecht stated, enlarger lenses are dirt cheap these days so it shouldn't take too long. Having purchased a medium format camera as you did, you obviously care about image quality. Having a six element lens to enlarge these 6x6 negs is simply another link in the chain that leads up to your final prints. Think about it - why bother shooting such a fine camera as the C330 if you are going to compromise quality at the printing stage with a cheap lens? Save your money and buy a top notch lens; you'll be glad you did.
    Thanks for advice. I agree entirely with the sentiments and will save up to get a 6 element lens. A seconhand Componon S f4 80mm would cost £80 nd a Meopta Meogan(spelling?) the same from the Real Camera shop in Manchester. So not dirt cheap from my point of view.
    As an aside I very very rarely eat out!! My only income is my pension and
    the sale of my 28-135 minolta lens has paid for the Mamiya and I guess I would only get a measly £15 for my Minolta 700si.
    Cheers
    Jeff

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Maybe find an American to help? 2 months ago, I snatched an El-Nikkor 80/5.6 for less than $10

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    We're all feeling a money crunch these days Jeff. As mentioned any of the brands listed are good to go. Be sure to let us know which one you decide on (as well as post some examples of your work). Good luck.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by r1ma View Post
    Maybe find an American to help? 2 months ago, I snatched an El-Nikkor 80/5.6 for less than $10
    Don't they make laws against that? That's borderline theft!
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Think about it this way. This is something you will never have to replace...unless you buy a crappy one

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin