Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 72,446   Posts: 1,597,082   Online: 820

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    EL-Nikkor 80mm f/5.6 - 6 elements
    EL-Nikkor 75mm f/4 - 4 elements
    simple.

I believe a good example of the Fujinon EX should be better than the 80mm Nikkor.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just for the sake of completeness, here are the specs on the Fujinon EP lenses:

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukas_87 View Post
    EL-Nikkor 80mm f/5.6 - 6 elements
    EL-Nikkor 75mm f/4 - 4 elements
    simple.

I believe a good example of the Fujinon EX should be better than the 80mm Nikkor.
    I have the 75 f5.6 Fujinon EP and the 80 f5.6 Nikkor here (and the 75 f4 Nikkor also). Both are outstanding lenses, even at full aperture. The Nikkor has a bit better contrast, but a multicoated Fujinon EX will likely have more contrast than than the EP I have (on loan to me).

My 80 f5.6 Nikkor has a notable amount of dust (or fungus) in it. I haven't been able to get that lens apart for cleaning, but it performed so well that I bought another one NOS a few weeks ago. I was afraid my first one was a fluke, but this one is as good (but no better, the internal dirt seems to make no difference).

As everyone has already stated, the 75 f4 is a fine 4 element lens, but with the bargain prices on great lenses ... My 75 is the older model, but I don't think the newer version is going to change the relative rankings at all.

It is wonderful having such great optics available at the current prices The flip side is that I need to sell off some of my excess someday, but it is hardly worth the effort.

Mark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The OP is really looking for a 75 mm lens because he has an Omega D3 autofocus enlarger. The autofocus works because the profile of the focusing cam matches the focal length of the lens. If the lens and the cam don't match, the autofocus doesn't work.
    Frank Schifano

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by fschifano View Post
    The OP is really looking for a 75 mm lens because he has an Omega D3 autofocus enlarger. The autofocus works because the profile of the focusing cam matches the focal length of the lens. If the lens and the cam don't match, the autofocus doesn't work.
    I got sidetracked by the later discussion.

The Fuji 75mm EP is a truly outstanding lens and the EX should be even a little better. It is hard to imagine needing more performance than they deliver. The 75 Nikkor is okay but not a real contender in that race. I've been seeing a few Fujis go for decent prices lately in the auctions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin