Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,926   Posts: 1,522,124   Online: 796

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Is your changing bag hot and sweaty?

I found a solution.

Rubber gloves.

When you pull the elastic cuffs of the bag on to your hands stop at the cuff of the gloves.

If there is no skin in the bag, there is no sweat in the bag, and that means no extra humidity.

Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm not sure, but I think it would be difficult to load and unload film holders wearing gloves. For example, I usually have to slip a fingernail under the edge of the film to extract the sheet from the holder.

What type of gloves do you use?
    "What drives man to create is the compulsion to, just once in his life, comprehend and record the pure, unadorned, unvarnished truth. Not some of it; all of it."

- Fred Picker

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I suppose confining the humidity to the surface of your flesh does have benefits in this scenario, but I'd rather just finish up faster and get out before the sweating begins.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I actually use Nitrile Gloves, medical style exam gloves. Nice and thin, very nice but not perfect tactile sense.

I'd been using them in the darkroom to keep the chemicals off my skin and decided to try it.

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My changing bag is not hot and sweaty but every else is!

Jeff

Shooter
    Medium Format
    i keep mine under my bed.. so yes...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use the Nitrile Gloves also, but had difficulty removing film from the holders.
    I found 50 plectrums on eBay for $ 3.00 , and now I always keep a few in the changing bag.
    And with my film supply, and in my wallet. I always have a plectrum handy in case
    someone has trouble removing film from the holder.

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

Sanjay Sen - APUG Subscriber
    Sanjay Sen, 36, a champion of human and animal rights, died June 3 in a motorcycle accident in Wayne, New Jersey.

July 23 1975 - June 3 2012

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Ron that's a great idea even without the gloves!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If the gloves are to keep sweat out, but are affecting tactile sensitivity, wouldn't they work just as well if a couple of fingertips were cut off (from the gloves I mean)? That's on the basis that most of the sweat glands are on the palms of the hands.

I've had a mite less trouble with humidity inside the bag since I moved to steel spirals from plastic for roll film.
    Alex

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    My changing bag IS hot and sweaty. I found it impossible to load plastic reels in there. Switched to a steel Hewes reel with a Kindermann tank (120 film). Best decision I've made in years.

My plastic reel for 35mm film is of a different design, and can be loaded when moist or even wet.

I never thought of using rubber gloves though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin