Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,954   Posts: 1,586,007   Online: 701

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    listen to Les as he is speaking the truth. Some humidity helps along with the slow drying. I just did some prints on single weight Azo and squeegeed them front and back and then face down on the screens. Nearly flat when dry and only required a little time in drymount press.

lee\c

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thank you, Les!

I think that's me stopping off at Halfords before my next FB print session and also keeping a beady eye on ebay.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I just use a simple squeegee from a dollar store. (I think it was made for cleaning the water off your shower...) The rubber has stayed effective for years now and doens't scratch the print surface or leave a mark.

The same thing labeled "photo" would more than likely cost 10X more...

joe

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I, too, have dried my prints on window screens and still got some curl on the fiber prints. What I noticed is that the print side gets completely dry but the back may be very slightly damp. I don't know if this is sacrilegious, but I take them at that very-very-slightly-damp stage and sandwich them between two pieces of scrap archival mat board, weight them down and let them finish drying. They seem to dry perfectly fine with no damage to the image...and they're really flat. Your thought?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Just a quick note to say I just picked up a 16" Ettore squeegee from B&Q for £4.65

I'll try it out tomorrow and report back once the prints are dry

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    one thing that works quite well for squeegeeing prints is a windsheild wiper blade for a car. don't cost much and won't tear up the paper.

lee\c

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankB
    Just a quick note to say I just picked up a 16" Ettore squeegee from B&Q for £4.65

I'll try it out tomorrow and report back once the prints are dry
    The prints are now dry and the flattest fibre prints I've ever done. Thank you (yet again!) Les for the tip. Next job is to build some drying screens and possibly a rack...

...but not tonight. After flashing, split-grade printing, washing, selenium toning, washing again, squeegeeing and drying for nine hours I have four (count them!) fibre prints from two negs to show for it, I'm utterly hammered and my spine is about to fall out of my back.

However, they're the best prints I've ever done, my Mum will now get her birthday presents (precisely proportioned to fit the frames with a 2cm border and 2.5cm at the bottom) on time, and I used a grand total of five sheets of 11x14 MGIV FB Glossy to do it (important as I don't know when (if ever) I'll be able to get any more).

I'm going to bed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin