Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,011   Posts: 1,524,684   Online: 727

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This question is not directly related to the original post, but since there is a thread about this timer, I did not want to start a whole new thread. I have this same timer and I believe I do not understand how it works (in how to set times). When I enlarge, I have to manually turn it off. Someone who knows this timer, can someone please explain how to use it properly for me please. I feel like such an idiot not knowing something like this.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There are two recepts on the back of the timer, one marked safelight, the other is for enlarger. Make certain you are plugged into the correct outlet. You should then use the focus mode to set up for enlarging. Set the rocker switch to time and set the desired time, then push the print button. The timer should then stop and turn off the enlarger at the preset interval. If you are already following this procedure and it isn't working, there is a problem with the timer.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The enlarger does not shut off....but I'm certain it is user error....I'll try again. Thank you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It just seems like the "timer" portion of the time does not work properly. I'm going to call the photo shop in Atlanta that is an official Beseler repair place.

Repair is going to cost more than the timer is worth.

The first point of failure is the switch contacts. Try spritzing some 'contact cleaner' into all the the switches and then exercising them - although not ideal, WD-40 can be used in a pinch.

The second point of failure are the electrolytic condensers - especially for equipment made in the early '90s. Often wholesale replacement of the electrolytics will restore a bit of broken electronics. Replacements are available through Digikey.
    Nicholas O. Lindan
    f-stop enlarging timer - http://www.nolindan.com/da/fstop/index.htm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nolindan View Post
    Repair is going to cost more than the timer is worth.

The first point of failure is the switch contacts. Try spritzing some 'contact cleaner' into all the the switches and then exercising them - although not ideal, WD-40 can be used in a pinch.

The second point of failure are the electrolytic condensers - especially for equipment made in the early '90s. Often wholesale replacement of the electrolytics will restore a bit of broken electronics. Replacements are available through Digikey.
    Thanks for the tips, that's what I was gonna ask the shop. This timer I'm sure is from the 60s.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin