Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,573   Posts: 1,646,646   Online: 1016

Shooter
    Multi Format

Douthitt Vacuum Frame - Questions

Hi All,
    I purchased a used Douthitt Vacuum Frame in good condition online for $20. I'm interested in Kallitype, Platinum and Palladium prints(Hmmm, the spell checker doesn't like "Kallitype" yet that's how Google spells it...). Anyway, here's a similar(newer) unit online:
    http://www.douthittcorp.com/bench.htm

I believe the unit is for screen printing of some sort but the specifications say the top glass is "Optic clear A-1 Select Glass".
    1. Can I just add a bank of UV lights and use this as a light box?
    2. It came with an old beefy 3/4 HP vacuum pump, can I use the box as a contact frame? If so, can there be "too much" vacuum?
    3. Was this the "deal of the century"?

Thanks!
    -Flash

--EDIT--
    Is this thread in the right forum? If not, please let me know!
    Last edited by Flash_Boredom; 06-22-2010 at 03:50 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG.
    Use it as a vacuum frame for your alternate processes. There should be a control to set the vacuum strength and the gauge should read about 12 -15.
    I used a similar setup for years for making metal plates for a printing press.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks Wade!
    I am a Noob and there is SO MUCH to learn. I'm a good student and fast learner. The gauge on the frame/box goes up to 30(I'm assuming mmHg) so that really helps to know where my vacuum range should be. Thank you!

Now I'm off to search APUG forums! Man there's a ton of threads... that's a good thing!
    -Flash

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin