Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,930   Posts: 1,556,877   Online: 893

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    Medium Format

Reel Problem

I've only used Paterson plastic reels but I have used Efke film.Apart from any characteristics of the film itself, I found two things that generally make life difficult.
    One was, and everyone else has noted, a changing bag is a BAD environment to load film, even for tank loading. For unloading a camera, fine.
    Second, when I was once having trouble I noticed that I tensed up and tended to push the two sides of the reel together. Result - constant jamming.
    I now make a mental note to myself to exert a very slight outwards pull on the sides of the reels while I rotate them and I hardly ever have a problem now.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    No more changing bag then

Cheers guys.

Any opinions on the use of desiccant with a full 100ft bulk film roll? No danger of drying it out `too much'?

Thanks

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin