Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,705   Posts: 1,482,766   Online: 1084

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A lot of good advice here, from some obvioulsy eager enthusiasts. I'd start lurking around Ebay for stuff like enlargers, timers, trays, etc. etc. I still am! You can pretty much get everything from Ebay if you want.

From all the watching I've done, I'd be if you are a little patient you could get a whole basic darkroom setup for anywhere from $200-$400 and up. You can usually get someone going digital so you have everything you need. You can always start upgrading after you get into it.

I was very close to buying a standard beginner 35mm englarger when I realized that if I ever wanted to print anything Medium format or even Large format, I'd have to get another enlarger. Just a few short years ago I thought all I'd ever do was 35mm, now I do all three (Ebay is awesome). I see Omega D-2 enlargers all over Ebay, and that is what I have. I originally wanted a color one so I didn't have to mess with filters for contrast, but that's not how it worked out and I'm happy using filters.

When I was new, I picked up a book called "Into Your Darkroom Step By Step". There are lots of books out there. This one is very basic, but does give you a pretty good start. Welcome and Good luck.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As an example...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...829273105&rd=1

This one isn't for the D-2, but nontheless you can see what's out there. Enjoy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin