Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,850   Posts: 1,582,856   Online: 762

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Everything is rigged over here - I have a large board I hang to the bathroom wall to place enlarger and trays, an homemade LED safelight that hangs from the rooflamp, a large water tray inside the shower box to keep prints in until final wash, done in the laundry...

I would really like a real darkroom!

Jorge O

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb
    It's gotta be the typewriter table. I process in a bathroom, so I wheel the enlarger in on a typewriter (you remember those?) table that slides right over the commode and fits just between the wall and the sink.
    What's a typewriter?
    RL Foley

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    my door is made of sheets of black canvas screwed to the doorframe

Ash

Shooter
    Multi Format
    How about strips of carpet underlay forced into the gaps in my garage door to block out daylight...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    <sigh> i actually bought a second hand water filter. the seal was a bit loose, so i made another. it leaks so badly i have a 10x12 tray under it and scoop out the water before and after every session. theres about 200 other things i need to buy so i'm stuck with the tray...and the scooping....

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I was thinking about this thread last night in the darkroom, and there is something worse than my darkroom sink. It is my hot water bath for the potasium oxalate developer for Pt/Pd printing. A styrofoam six pack cooler filled with two liters of microwaved hot water and an aquarium heater mounted held in place with a scrap from some kindling wood. Real Elegant.
    Two New Projects! Light on China - 07/13/2014

www.joelipkaphoto.com

250+ posts and still blogging! "Postcards from the Creative Journey"

http://blog.joelipkaphoto.com/

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I built my entire 5X7' darkroom against one wall in the garage (shared with the house) with materials scrounged at the local dump. They've since changed the laws and that could no longer be accomplished. Go figure. I bought drywall new so it doesn't look too bad. The sink is one of those old one piece cast iron affairs that had a drainboard on either side. So I have a U shaped counter in my tiny 5X7' area with the only non counter space where the door comes in. If I gain any more weight, I won't be able to get my butt in far enough to close the door around myself. The old bathroom vent/light/heater was also found at the dump. Even in Tonopah where it can get butt cold, that little ceiling heater can get my little 5X7' room cozy in minutes. There's just enough room for the D2, three 11X14 trays, and a 16X20 wash tray. Oh, and a small stereo of course.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I stick a black trash bag, doubled, over the window in the door of my laundry/dark room with painter's tape. Looks awful but works really well. It gets comments and lol from students when they visit. You can see that it really bothers me.
    I love the smell of fixer in the morning. It smells like...creativity!
    Truly, dr bob.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dr Bob

How do you manage to get the students to do the Laundry?

Phill
    It is not tradition that secures the survival of our craft, its the craft that secures the survival of our traditions.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Not a damn thing, I built my house and the most important part of the house was the DR. But that does not mean I have not suffered for my art...

Let me tell you how I started. While going to college I had a very and I mean very small 1 bedroom, which basically was a living room/dinning room, kitchen and bedroom with bath. In the bedroom I had a mattress on a wooden platform I had made. So, to develop pictures, I would prop the mattress against the wall, cover the windows with the bet spread, assembled the enlarger, put the trays on the wooden platform and away I went. After I would wash everything, disassembled the enlarger, put the mattress back on the platform.

Of course, may a times it was easier to just go sleep on the couch than pick everything up.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin