Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,065   Posts: 1,611,706   Online: 858

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF

Fujimoto Lucky 69m

Hi all..
    i just registered here..been taking pictures for a while now, and thinking about developing and printing my own film. i'd got an offer for a Fujimoto Lucky 69m enlarger with three lenses 50, 75 and 105 it's pretty beat up, but everything looks fine though, oh and the lenses have fungus on them.
    he's offering it for around US$80, what do you think?is it a good deal?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi and welcome to APUG.

Fungus on the lens may make the virtually worthless. As to values, it depends. Location, availability, condition. In larger cities, more choices make prices more competitive. Where are you located?
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcom to Apug!

Quote Originally Posted by daveandiputra View Post
    ...it's pretty beat up, but everything looks fine though...
    You are puzzling me.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    Welcom to Apug!

You are puzzling me.
    what i mean is physically looks very bad, but i think all the functions are OK..

and by the way i'm from Jakarta, Indonesia. so the fungus can really ruin the lens? that would be a deal breaker.. more hunting to do then..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have heard that putting a lens in sunlight will kill the fungus however, any glass that has been etched will still be the same. If free, it might be worth fooling with. If your paying for them, even if you have to pay more, I would avoid the fungus lens.

If prices as a kit, maybe the enlarger is worth the price. Or, negotiate.

I image but don't really have a clue, that availability raises the prices where your at.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If the enlarger is worth the price without the lenses (depends on your local market) it would be far easier to obtain replacement lenses from other markets (e.g. North America, Japan or Europe) and have them shipped to you than it would be to have an entire enlarger shipped to you.

If I understand it correctly, at least as recently as 2007, Fujimoto was still manufacturing Lucky enlargers in Japan. There are a couple of APUG threads about them.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm RF
    yeah.. it turns out that a same type enlarger were sold for app. US$50, so this one is really expensive. moving on then.

Thanks for all the help and response..

Best Regards,

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm helping a friend track down a Fujinon EX 75mm lens for an autofocus enlarger. We'd be interested in that lens, even if it has fungus, if that is what you wind up getting, and you don't want the lens and you are in the US, and we can agree on a price, etc, etc...

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    I'm helping a friend track down a Fujinon EX 75mm lens for an autofocus enlarger. We'd be interested in that lens, even if it has fungus, if that is what you wind up getting, and you don't want the lens and you are in the US, and we can agree on a price, etc, etc...
    yes i finally bougth the enlarger, but the lens is not autofocus, so i dont think i can help you on that.

hopefully i can print some pictures soon..

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by daveandiputra View Post
    yes i finally bougth the enlarger, but the lens is not autofocus, so i dont think i can help you on that.
    "Autofocus" enlargers stay in focus when the entire head is raised or lowered to print various sizes - by automatically changing the distance from the negative stage to the lens - synchronized with the height of the lamp head.

The lenses used are "ordinary" enlarger lenses, initially manually focused.
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin