Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,224   Posts: 1,532,636   Online: 907

Shooter
    35mm RF

so i bought the fujimoto

this is the enlarger that i just picked up.. three lenses 50mm E-Lucky, 75mm Rodenstock trinar, and a 105mm E-Lucky. three glassless negative carrier 35mm 6x6 and 6x9. a digital timer, metal tank with metal reels (i already started to practice loading some film on this, but if it proved difficult will buy a plastic one) the guy throw in some film developers (looks like local made, so i didn't know if anyone ever heard of the brand: Micro-MF). this whole lot costs me app US$70. will use a corner of my room for the dry part with overlapping curtains to provide darkness. in the meantime my first target are developing my first roll of film!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CRW_6640.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	230.7 KB 
ID:	20456

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Dear daveanddiputra,

It looks like it is easy to set up if you don't have a permanent darkroom. That should make it much more likely that you will use it.

Good luck,

Neal Wydra

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Looks just like mine. I have a Lucky 60M. Awesome. Great setup. My timer is a GraLab, though, wouldn't change it in for anything except a tech to do the work for me.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Walrath View Post
    Looks just like mine. I have a Lucky 60M. Awesome. Great setup. My timer is a GraLab, though, wouldn't change it in for anything except a tech to do the work for me.
    Hi Chris, what lens do you use? the forums i've read says that the 50mm i got is not very good..should i discount it straight away, or will it be enough. for consideration 11x12 will be the largest print i planned to make.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Posted wirelessly..

I enlarger up to 8x10 for my 35mm negs and I use that 50 with no reservations whatsoever. Try it out and see if it is to your liking.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Dave,

Sometimes we get lost in the equipment debate, but the important thing to
    remember, is the best accessories are the ones that we can afford.
    I have a Hasselblad sitting on the shelf waiting for a $300.00 repair.
    My friend has a $30.00 Holga that works, that's a valuable camera.
    The best quality print is the one created in your own darkroom.
    That's Priceless !

Ron

From The Long Island Of New York, and the
    Long Island @ Large Format Group, right here on APUG

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

Sanjay Sen - APUG Subscriber
    Sanjay Sen, 36, a champion of human and animal rights, died June 3 in a motorcycle accident in Wayne, New Jersey.

July 23 1975 - June 3 2012

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Sometimes we get lost in the equipment debate, but the important thing to
    remember, is the best accessories are the ones that we can afford.
    I can't agree more on that Ron.. but seeing that even the enlarging lenses that people say is superior than my current lens can be bought relatively cheap, that's why i ask Chris for his experience, as he uses a similar enlarger (and as it turns out the same lens)..

I always try my equipments to the max before deciding that it is not good enough.

Best regards,

Dave

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Dave,

Looks like you are good to go. As mentioned above, don't get wrapped up in the equipment debate. Practice your craft with what you have. If you plan to spend money on lenses, put your cash into the best taking lenses you can afford. And a triplet lens shall give acceptable results, stopped down to f/8 or f/11.

Practice loading those SS reels with your eyes closed. After some time (It varies) the loading procedure will become second nature to you. And have fun.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    35mm RF
    will do John!
    Thanks for all the support! hopefully i can print and scan some pictures this week, i have some lab processed film.. the film developing have to wait, still haven't finish my roll yet

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    It all means one thing. More time to be spent in a dark room huffing chemicals and giggling at projected images. Don't forget the Doritos.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    DE Darkroom

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin