Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,706   Posts: 1,548,488   Online: 967

Shooter
    35mm

Plan/design for light proof paper drawer?

Hi all ... I have an overhead projector on a trolley that I have modified for use as a portable light box. I would like to further modify it by replacing the main shelf (the bit that the projector sits on) with a light proof paper drawer. I'm planning on building it out of MDF or similar cheap but functional timber substitute. I figure some sort of latch/lock would also be handy. Does anyone have any suggestions re design/plans to get me started?
    Here's a photo: http://www.flickr.com/photos/gregmacc/4816833390/
    The wings of the trolley fold up to provide additional bench space ... very useful in my less than roomy shared darkroom/laundry.
    Cheers
    Greg

Shooter
    35mm
    I've seen online plans for such things. A quick Google turned up this one, which seems similar to others I've seen. I seem to recall Kodak or Ilford may have a PDF document with plans for such a thing, but I don't have a URL handy. I've never built one, though; I use standalone paper safes in my darkroom.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks srs5694 ... That's the kind of thing I'm looking for ... I would also consider a ready made standalone paper safe that could be fitted into my trolley ... any suggestions?
    Greg

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here is a link to a drawing on Ralph Lambrecht's site:

http://www.darkroomagic.com/Darkroom...ightDrawer.pdf
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks Matt
    Greg

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by gregmacc View Post
    Thanks srs5694 ... That's the kind of thing I'm looking for ... I would also consider a ready made standalone paper safe that could be fitted into my trolley ... any suggestions?
    Greg
    You could always add a shelf below the main surface and then put a paper safe on the shelf. If you buy the safe first, you could design the shelf to fit at whatever height is most convenient or efficient. If you need knee room underneath it, though, this could be limiting, particularly if you get a big paper safe -- but the same would be true of a homemade drawer.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin