Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,534   Posts: 1,544,029   Online: 1118

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for all the help!

I'm keeping the Rollei. Not sure about the fan situation, but the enlarger seems to be in working order. The Nikor 50mm is in great condition, metal version.

I won't have a dark room for a while, but currently learning B&W film development.

What is the red filter on the enlarger for?

J

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by HalifaxJ View Post
    What is the red filter on the enlarger for?
    You can position a sheet of B&W paper under the enlarger without exposing it that way. Personally, I only do this with small test strips, to be sure I get them where I want them. With full prints, I position my easel using regular light from the enlarger and a dummy sheet of paper (the back of an old print that didn't come out right).

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I just picked up a Rollei EC 6x7 (color head) enlarger which is the same enlarger as the Nikor being discussed. My question is do I need a transformer/power supply, which is common for color head enlargers?

It has a regular 3-prong plug, i.e., not a special plug to a transformer. On the back it says "Input 120 VAC, 50-60 Hz, Output 82 VDC 85 watts" (for the Omega Cat. No. 471-400 Quartz Haolgen lamp). Does this mean the voltage is reduced and converted to DC by the enlarger as-is? Looking inside the head, I would have to take a good part of it apart to see if there is a diode circuit that does this (there's not much room for a transformer and the head doesn't feel heavy enought to contain one).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mklw1954 View Post
    I just picked up a Rollei EC 6x7 (color head) enlarger which is the same enlarger as the Nikor being discussed. My question is do I need a transformer/power supply, which is common for color head enlargers?

It has a regular 3-prong plug, i.e., not a special plug to a transformer. On the back it says "Input 120 VAC, 50-60 Hz, Output 82 VDC 85 watts" (for the Omega Cat. No. 471-400 Quartz Haolgen lamp). Does this mean the voltage is reduced and converted to DC by the enlarger as-is? Looking inside the head, I would have to take a good part of it apart to see if there is a diode circuit that does this (there's not much room for a transformer and the head doesn't feel heavy enought to contain one).
    You can most likely see two transformers in this Craigslist listing for two Nikor colour enlargers: http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/va...926323229.html

The colour head on my Beseler 67 enlarger also has a three prong plug, but definitely needs a transformer.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have an Omega C760 w color head. It has a separate voltage stabilizer (which is a small unit) that has 110vac input 85vdc output. The stabilizer plugs into the timer and the head plugs into the voltage stabilizer. So it sounds like your Rollei has the stabilizer built into the head.

ooops, did not realize the thread was so old
    Last edited by ac12; 03-09-2013 at 02:32 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin