Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,000   Posts: 1,524,344   Online: 768

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hey Nicholas, when will you have one for sale?
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What's the possibility of a design that the average person with good technical and building skills can take and actually make an LED head for an enlarger right in their own shop? Has the home application to a variable contrast head come along far enough to make one that works well?
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    It's all fairly simple stuff which you can make as complicated as you like. You can have a micro-controller sorting out your blue/green ratios via PWM drivers if you want or you can just have some switches. I prefer the simple approach and the most complicated thing I will do is build the single control variable contrast PWM controller. But it will be with discrete components rather than a micro-controller.

The PCB from the stage light which I used is easy to get out, has an illuminated diameter of about 5" and can be used as is in an enlarger. Ignore the DMX controller and the PCB just has four connections: red, green and blue. just add a power supply and it is ready to go.

Steve.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kershaw View Post
    How possible would it be to construct a colour LED enlarger head?
    Quote Originally Posted by Justus View Post
    I'll let you know in a month when I complete my 'proof-of-concept' version. Fifty RGB Endor Stars, with each color on a separate PWM circuit.
    A month has passed. Do you have anything to show us?!!!

Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here is the answer to product invention: http://blog.guykawasaki.com/2007/09/...#axzz0zWlpfefw

With a shop like this could someone make the products we want like the Jobo and LED enlarger head?
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    Here is the answer to product invention: http://blog.guykawasaki.com/2007/09/...#axzz0zWlpfefw

With a shop like this could someone make the products we want like the Jobo and LED enlarger head?
    The Garage of the Gods...

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You can buy inexpensive PWM controllers all day long on Ebay for motors and such. They put out 12v; run some LEDs in series to get to the right voltage or use current limiting resistors. Use a $20 controller for each color with a corresponding knob/potentiometer. I'm sure some of the companies that make hobby electronics kits (formerly a market dominated by heathkit) would be glad to make up a circuit board for the lamp assembly and sell the kits with parts that someone solders together themself. One can also outsource every part the manufacturing if you wanted to sell ready-to-go systems. Hire a company to make metal or plastic adaptor plates, hire someone to build and assemble the circuit boards, etc...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin