Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,729   Posts: 1,515,222   Online: 928

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    [QUOTE=ic-racer;1040288]I'm surprised the E Chromega head won't fit your enlarger.

KBH just said "It won't work." Harry (Classic Enlargers) said it was because of the portrait/landscape problem.

I really like your home made filter holder; I'll expect to do likewise, as my 210 Durst Componon is likely too large to accept the Ilford filter holder.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    see if you can find an EK57
    it works with my E4.
    it wasn't a custom fit
    but i had to retrofit / mask off the sides.
    it works fine ...

Shooter
    Large Format
    Thanks for all the ideas, guys. Looks like I have some things to consider now.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Funny. I own an E6 xl with a chromega ii color head. I'd be very surprised to find out that omega made two different camera types for this enlarger, one for cold light, one for dichroic. Is your carrier in the landscape orientation or portrait?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by frotog View Post
    Is your carrier in the landscape orientation or portrait?
    As stated in Posts #1 and #11, the orientation is "portrait." You said your head is the "chromega ii color head"; is that the one that is officially "Chromega E Dichroic II" or is it the "SUPER Chromega E Dichroic II"? KHB has told me that both of these use landscape format and are not practical to install on my older E6 chassis?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just sent another email to Louise about the status of Aristo products. When the company was bought what part of the company was of interest to the new owners. In other words why kill off the cold light grid part of the company.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Aristo was just one member of the Voltarc family of companies. LightSources was looking for some of the other members when they acquired Voltarc.

Ken
    "Hate is an adolescent term used to stop discussion with people you disagree with. You can do better than that."
    —'blanksy', December 13, 2013

Shooter
    Large Format
    I've the super chromega. Are you sure your enlarger is an E6 and not an E3 or E4? In any event you'd be best served with a dichroic head - much more even and a lot less expensive (second hand) than a "cold-light". If you're interested I have an extra Durst 138 with both a condenser head and a cls301 dichroic.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I suspect they are right. Unlike the D Chromega heads (which have a square 5x5 inch mixing box) the the mixing box on the E head is, I believe, 5x7 inches rectangle, oriented in landscape. So you'd only get 5x5 of light in the end with your enlarger's 5x7 portrait opening.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    I suspect they are right. Unlike the D Chromega heads (which have a square 5x5 inch mixing box) the the mixing box on the E head is, I believe, 5x7 inches rectangle, oriented in landscape. So you'd only get 5x5 of light in the end with your enlarger's 5x7 portrait opening.
    ic-racer,

That's exactly what my problem is. So far, I think my only cost-effective alternate is to make my own head that will give even diffused illumination and use under-the-lens filters. To get sufficient intensity, I'll probably have to have a remotely located fan, connected to the head via flex hose for cooling. May also provide a filter drawer in the head, just in case it's needed to correct the color temp of the light source to closely match incandescents.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin