Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,294   Posts: 1,535,495   Online: 1002

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    If you are only looking for up to 6x7, I highly recommend the LPL6700VCE. I've had a 23c and this is much nicer to use. The VC head and optional glass carrier are particularly nice. I got mine for around $350 on eBay and that was probably top dollar.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Fisher View Post
    If you are only looking for up to 6x7, I highly recommend the LPL6700VCE. I've had a 23c and this is much nicer to use. The VC head and optional glass carrier are particularly nice. I got mine for around $350 on eBay and that was probably top dollar.
    Mark, I've been looking around that those. Any place you can buy those new? I couldn't find a site.

I did find this on ebay though:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tchlink:top:en

Any idea if they have 6x4.5 and 6x6 glass carriers for these enlargers?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Brian:

Adorama has the LPL6700VCE on their website:

http://www.adorama.com/SD670VCCE.html

Glazer's in Seattle had one in stock the last time I was there (I think it was that model).
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by brian steinberger View Post
    Mark, I've been looking around that those. Any place you can buy those new? I couldn't find a site.

I did find this on ebay though:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tchlink:top:en

Any idea if they have 6x4.5 and 6x6 glass carriers for these enlargers?
    The Saunders 6x7 glass negative carrier has masking blades, so you can use it for smaller sized negs.

Jon
    Mendocino Coast Black and White Photography: www.jonshiu.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Firstcall Photographic has all the carriers for lpl/saunders in stock. I own a LPL6600C and it's serving nicely with my 6x6 negatives. It feels like it's very prone to stay aligned for good.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have an Omega B-22 XL. The Omega B-22XL enlarger is identical to the B-22 but is the extra long column version. I bought it, as I remember, late 1960's. It originally came with the condenser light however I upgraded to the color head in the early 1970's when I started to do wedding photography. Back then photography was an economic sideline as I was involved in another field. In 2002 I started doing photography full time for income.

At any rate, I've never had any problems with my Omega Enlarger.

Suggest checking into one for yourself. It will accept up to a 6x6 medium format negative. I've got 35mm, 6x4.5 & 6x6 negative carriers. As I recall the 35mm and 6x6 originally came with the enlarger.

Recommend getting the color head as it works for vari contrast B&W paper.

Here is a spot to check out:

http://www.classic-enlargers.com/omega_b22_enlarger.htm
    Bill Clark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The LPL is really a great enlarger. It is easy to align. As mentioned above, get the glass carrier and I would recommend getting anti-newton glass for the top. I have also used the carrier with the a/n glass on top and an insert on the bottom.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Shiu View Post
    The Saunders 6x7 glass negative carrier has masking blades, so you can use it for smaller sized negs.

Jon
    Jon, so I could use the 6x6 glass carrier for 6x6 and 6x4.5?

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Blog Entries
    Images
    It seems the LPL enlargers are very well received by fellow APUGers. Now the question is whether to buy used or new. A new one is right on the edge of my budget, plus I will need to get the negative carrier. Any suggestions on buying new or used?

Also, a few other questions, will I be able to print up to 16x20? And what's the difference between the VC head and the color head? I'm used to using a color head.

Thanks so much guys!

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by brian steinberger View Post
    Jon, so I could use the 6x6 glass carrier for 6x6 and 6x4.5?
    The 6x7 glass carrier works fine for 6x6 and 6x4.5. If you want to print full frame with a black border, you can, but need to modify the carrier slightly by filing the stops for the masking blades. The enlarger works fine for 16x20's, with the exception that the easel can run into the column when doing 6x4.5. The solution to that is to insert the negative carrier from the left side, instead of the front.

The VCCE head is nice because you just dial in the grade or fraction of a grade that you want and the exposure remains approximately the same. If you are use to using a color head, then the color head would be fine also. If you can find a used one in great shape that would be a good bet.

Jon
    Mendocino Coast Black and White Photography: www.jonshiu.com

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin