Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,953   Posts: 1,522,763   Online: 978

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I dealt with that by watching ebay for enlargers that were local pick-up only, and ended up with a great deal on my LPL.
    In that way, shipping is not an issue.
    4x5 enlargers are meant to stand up to quite a lot of use. Though they can wear out, most I've seen have survived quite well.
    Much depends on how much time you have for the right thing to turn up.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by cmo View Post
    I am currently looking for a new enlarger, too. So far, only 35mm is needed, up to 6x7cm could be nice but is not mandatory.

Years ago I owned a Focomat V35 with a Heiland Splitgrade module, an equivalent to the VC head... don't remind me, I still regret I sold it.

One cool feature of this enlarger was that it focused automatically. It's really easy to crop an image if you don't have to adjust focusing which affects the cropping again.

As far as I know there were not many enlargers that can do that trick. The ones that come to my mind are:

- Leitz Focomat I, II, V35
    - Some Kienzle Primos
    - Agfa Varioscop
    - Durst A300
    - Durst Laborator 900

Are there any other enlargers that focus automatically?
    The Durst DA900, presumably predecessor of Laborator 900, also has Autofocus. Autofocus is unkindly often called Outoffocus, except in the case of the Focomat V35 which is incredibly precise.
    Richard

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The autofocus Omega D3 and D4 are pretty popular. Probably the best way to go for 4x5 autofocus if you live in the USA.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Quote Originally Posted by brian steinberger View Post
    Just out of curiosity, anyone know how the stability of the 670 (7700) compares the the Beseler 23CIII?

This is a good question. I'd love to know anyone's experience with the two.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Just in case anyone is curious as to what I've decided to do.. I did get the LPL/Saunders 670 VCCE off of ebay (new old stock, brand new) for $400. That's 1/3 of the price to purchase it new. After using it a few nights I couldn't be more happy. Its a nice little enlarger, and the glass universal neg carrier is great!

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    DeVere 504. It doesn't get better.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    How about a D6? You get a fine focus adjustment and the turn-style enlarging lens holder. It also allows for long focal length enlarging lenses and has the extended column. It's based on the venerable D2 enlarger.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin