Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,966   Posts: 1,523,341   Online: 1200

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Robert:

The Heiland Split Grade is certainly a very sophisticated piece of equipment. Can you give us a quick sense of how you like your unit? Is your Split Grade set up so as to move the filters automatically?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, all dedicated Split Grade enlarger systems are turning automatically. In one measurement you're doing exposure time + gradation (at work aperture) , darkroom lights are automatically switched (off and on) , and the system is pointing out in 0,1 gradation steps the exposure in Yellow and Magenta (or vice versa, which you can program). Very fast and reliable. 98% is perfect in the first run. It saves a lot of paper and time, especially on fiber prints. Further you can print with short times while there is no lamp which has to glow on/off.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I built a small darkroom in my bathroom. Lots of running water if/when I need it, and only one small window to black-out. It takes about 10 minutes to setup and 10 minutes to clean up.

As for price, I've been scanning for three years and I'm on my second scanner (2x scanners = $600.) My whole darkroom cost about $500 to setup, and almost everything was bought new (my enlarger is 35mm only.) Chemicals and paper aren't that expensive.
    Those who know, shoot film

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Check out this thread: http://www.apug.org/forums/forum43/7...-enlarger.html

Basically bolt your enlarger down to the top of a large, roll-around tool box like auto mechanics use.
    Put all your supplies in the drawers. When you want to move, just wheel it around to the next place.

It might need to be refined a bit but I think this is a neat idea.
    Randy S.

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.

-----

http://www.flickr.com/photos/randystankey/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin