Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,826   Posts: 1,582,045   Online: 757

Shooter
    35mm RF

Bulk loader & Durst M605

Hello,

I have a two questions.

What bulk loader will be better?
    a.) http://www.freestylephoto.biz/273262...tic?cat_id=702

b.) http://www.freestylephoto.biz/63000-...der?cat_id=701

A Durst M605 is good enlarger for 35mm and 6x6 ?
    This ELR have a 7,5x7,5 cm MG/VC Filters?
    And for this enlarger I have a Schneider-Kreuzach COMPONON-S 50mm f/2.8 .

Cheers, / Pozdrawiam
    Konrad

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I used many years ago the Lloyd loader, its works, and have heard others say the Bobinquick is really good. Myself, i like and use the Watson loader and like them the best. Durst enlargers, for the most part, are all fairly good.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Lloyd loader has a felt light-trap, which can introduce scratches if it's dirty. I'm not familiar with the Bobinquick loader, I don't know what it uses.
    The Watson loader Fotch referred to uses a mechanical light trap, and nothing touches the film when you are spooling it into the cassette.

The M605 only does 35 and 6x6, however, it is a nice enlarger if you're working with those formats. It is compact, and easy to take down/set up if you don't have a permanent space. I do everyting on a 4x5 but I keep my M605 in the closet "just in case".

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have at least 1/2 dozen of the Lloyd's loaders. Yes, they use a felt light trap. No, they don't scratch film. Never had it happen yet and I've been using at least one of them for 40 years. A bit of very low tack painters masking tape takes care of any grit that MIGHT get caught in the felt. The Watson loader uses a light trap similar to that used in the Alden 74 loader. I have a few of those too. They're ok, but I like the Lloyd's best. If you're careful with the Lloyd's you can get away with very little waste lost to fogged leaders and trailers.
    Frank Schifano

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I can't give any advice on the loaders mentioned, but I do use an Watson Loader, which I purchased second-hand. It works like a champ.

It is similar to what is pictured here . . . http://www.flickr.com/photos/mpclemens/3421533259/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't recall any scratch problems with the Lloyd but I guess it could happen. As far as losing frames, you can start and end the process with the lights out or in a changing bag. If your using really high quality film, each frame you save is worth a nickel, I think you can save maybe 2?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin