Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,699   Posts: 1,482,575   Online: 866

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I use a cheap submersible aquarium pump made for reptile tanks and it works fine. It was the same model but half the price of pumps for fish tanks.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    An aquarium pump does help circulate water. There is a flow of water rising up along with the bubbles. But I'm not sure how effective this would be in a shallow tray.
    "Far more critical than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know." - Eric Hoffer

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I use a small and cheap (around 5$) aquarium water pump to circulate water in my CPE2. Works nicely, got it from eBay.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    A submersible fountain pump works well for this purpose. You can get them in all different sizes.

Shooter
    35mm

Cooler Pump

I use an evaporative cooler "swamp cooler" circulation pump which costs less than $20 in any hardware store in southern arizona. Works great.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have been using my pump from a wet saw and it works great. Now i just have to remember to put it back when i have a tile job to do!

Shooter
    35mm
    I circulate the water in my 8ft darkroom sink with two medium size aquarium "power heads". Temp is maintained by a 200w unbreakable aquarium heater. Works fine in the 60-65ish all the time basement.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just ran across this thread. You can use an aquarium pump or even a pond pump. The larger ones are rated in GPH (gallons per hour). When I had my 100 gallon aquarium setup, I ran one 300 GPH Flugal external pump in a sealed canister with one inlet and one outlet 1/2inch hose circulating the water. I also used two temp adjusting heaters to keep the water at a constant 88 degrees F.

Pond pumps can even be purchased at Home Depot or Lowe's stateside. Little Giant is one of the better brands. Also, check auction sites for cheap used equipment as people are always upgrading equipment or taking down their tanks or ponds.

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use hot tap water that I measure around 100f and leave the chems and tanks in a slow flowing bath.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That's from the Durst Printo: the circulation is provided by the large roller.
    Last edited by Renato Tonelli; 10-22-2010 at 08:34 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: sp

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin