Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,880   Posts: 1,520,467   Online: 961

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thank you Lukas_87, I only now read your response. I'll surely give it a try. I'll keep everyone posted in this thread on my progress...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    For the record:

I was surprised to find an entry about this enlarger in one of my Polish photography encyclopedic books. It says that the device is an automatic color enlarger which uses additive method by exposing the paper 3 times: using red, green and blue filters. It is capable of making 60 13x18cm prints of 6x6cm negative per hour.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I used an Agfa Colormat 1961-1965. (I am not sure if your model is the same - it's along time ago) They are amazing enlargers. From memory you cannot use them for B&W, as exposures can only be made through the additive system.

The control box is to set the machine to give the right colour, but this needs to be reset every time you start a new box of colour paper. This is not a problem for photofinishing labs as they will have bought maybe 100 boxes of the same batch. An amateur might buy one box of colour paper only, so setting up the machine seems hardly worthwhile. The many controls on the box are necessary to adjust "slope control" or in other words ensure the correct exposure and colour balance remains the same on under-exposed negatives and over exposed negatives as well as normal negatives. The masking frame houses a photomultiplier tube to measure the light passing through the paper.

They were originally for Agfa unmasked negatives, but can be used with masked negative.

Amateur enlargers made 40 years after this are toys compared to the Colormat. Fantasic engineering for the time.

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi Adam Podstawczyński, wanted to know if you solved the problem with the approach of your enlarger lens Colormat AGFA, if not solved the problem, I can say that the focus is on the same lens, in her lens has a thread that makes the focus.

autofocus enlarger is not, but when you already have focused the image and change the size of extension, keeps the focus, that's what they called autocus, I have the Agfa Varioscop and the Agfa Colormat, I not find the manual for the Agfa Colormat, use only as black and white, if you need help, I will gladly, Greetings from Arequipa - Peru

translated by google

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin