Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,908   Posts: 1,521,482   Online: 923

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lordvader View Post
    Mine arrived the other day ! Almost ready to shoot my first few sheets of film (I was about to say rolls :P ).
    Quick question though. How are these in 5 reel tanks ? I nabbed one off the auction site a few weeks back, but it does seem a tad tall !
    If you have the white circular holder put it around the light trap to keep the processor at the bottom. If you don't have it, use a rubber band; double it over a few times and roll it down the light trap tube after you have the processor on it.

In fact, I suspect you can load the holder onto the light trap and secure it in room light, then just load the film in the dark. It's easy-peezy to load.

So what if you have airspace above the film. It's no different than using a 5 reel tank to develop only 3 reels of 35mm.
    MB
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for the feed back !
    I'll try the rubber band thing. Sounds better than putting empty reels on the top, which just means I have more wet reels waiting to dry, hence unusable

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Used mine yesterday for the first time, loaded in a Calumet changing tent no problem. As someone said above it's easy to tell if the film isn't in the correct slot. With gentle inversions the film sheets stayed in their slots throughout the processing and the negatives came out well with no signs of uneven development. What I like about it its the use of the Paterson tank which is a familiar piece of kit and fills and empties easily.

- Tony
    regards,

Tony

Shooter
    Large Format
    Morgan,
    Any plans for a 5x7 version? If you could figure it out I think you'd do well as the only other option out there is the now discontinued 5x7 combiplan. In the last ten years I've seen only two come up on ebay and they went for hundreds of dollars.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by frotog View Post
    Morgan,
    Any plans for a 5x7 version? If you could figure it out I think you'd do well as the only other option out there is the now discontinued 5x7 combiplan. In the last ten years I've seen only two come up on ebay and they went for hundreds of dollars.
    Its tough.

At best you'd only get 4 sheets in.

The extra inch makes so much difference.

I'm looking into it.

Cheers,

Morgan.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hello Morgan,
    What about the 5x7 version if you make use of the bigger Paterson 5 reels tank ?
    I for one would be greatly interrested in a jig to process 13x18/5x7 film in a Paterson tank. It will be an alternative to the Jobo expert tanks...
    Keep studying it, please !

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Processing "only" four sheets of 13x18 in a Paterson would be a great thing!
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    35mm
    Quick question about inversion techniques for these.
    I'm using the 5 reel paterson tank, and am using ilfords recommended inversion technique, which is 30 seconds continuous, then 10 seconds every minute. With a small tank, I get about 4-5 inversions in those 10 seconds, but I feel with the large tank, 4-5 inversions may be a bit hectic, and the film is coming loose, and "sticking" to other sheets.
    They did seem to develop fine though, so it may have been during fixing or stop bath that I was a tad more vigorous.

What inversion techniques do you lot use ?

Shooter
    35mm
    Though I'll add a little update.

I had another go in the 5 reel tank, and again I was noticing some sheets coming loose and sticking together. Then I got to thinking, given I'm using a 1.5 liter tank, and only 1 liter of liquid, the water is a lot more turbulent during agitation, not to mention the giant air bubble moving through the system during inversion (you can really hear it). So for my final rinse stage, I filled the tank with water, inverted it 20 times, and viola ! The sheets were completely in place !

I want to verify these results, but if they hold, perhaps someone may want to trade a 3 reel tank for a totally awesome 5 reel tank ???

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm getting the itch to buy one of these myself... but there aren't any on eBay at the moment.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin