Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,762   Online: 1086

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    No. I just got the Jobo 3010 Expert Drum for 10 4x5s.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by photoncatcher View Post
    I have a Nikor adjustable tank for sheet film in my basement. It consists of an adjustable spiral cage that can be set from approx. 4 inches to 2 1/4 inches. I never used it, but I'm sure my Dad did for his 2 1/4, 3 1/4 speed graphic film. Appears that the film is slid into the sprirals, and a steel band is wrapped around the cage to secure it, and then the cage is placed in the tank, and processed normaly. If anyone has use for it, I could certainly use a few extra bucks. PM me and we can work something out.
    PM Sent
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Reminds me of a "Rube Goldberg" type contraption...lol

Best regards,

Bob
    Best regards,

Bob
    CEO-CFO-EIEIO, Ret.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looks like an easy to load set up. Certainly much easier than my ancient Yankee Agitank!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't think it's strange to shoot 4x5 without a darkroom. I have done for quite a while, using a changing bag and daylight safe combi tank, then scanning or printing at a public darkroom. The darkroom costs me per hour so I never want to waste time there developing film. I'm proably never going to win an award or sell a print but I enjoy the process!

Bill - I've never used this contraption, it doesn't look more complicated than the combi tank and probably uses less chemicals. My two reel paterson is 500ml so if the three is 750ml or 800ml thats better than the litre in the combi. It would also be better if it empties quicker too.

I think things to look out for are lining up the sheets in those grooves, and not getting two sheets in one groove. I would also watch out for the edges of the plastic damaging the emulsion of the film, the grooves look like they overlap the sheet quite abit. Lately I found this happening in the combi with Adox 100 (which has a delicate emulsion) so I've had to calm down the agitation.

It looks like this uses the central column from the paterson tanks, presumably making it possible to turn the whole thing inside the tank using that little twist stick, it could be interesting to do this instead of inverting the whole tank.

Finally if you have to buy a paterson tank the financal advantage is quite a lot less, this £35 plus tank £30 is £65 only £20 more for combi, sorry thats UK money I'm not sure about comparison in the US. Althouh the paterson can be multi-tasked where the combi is pretty much sheet film only.

there's my thoughts, Andrew

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You mention concern over developer volume.

Not sure if you are a mix your own sort when it comes to developers, but I do.
    While others have set me back for calling it 777, I have mixed the 777 developer recipe from the unblinking eye site, and am most happy with the results.

It is a deliberately re-used replenished developer. It needed to be 'seasoned' with some scrap films to even start using a fresh tank. I seem to recall my replenishement rate is 60mL per 80 sq in. You need to be able to process at least a few sheets every few weeks to keep its activity consistent. I keep the overflow after replnishment to form a 'seasoner' so that for a 1L tank I start with 1L of fresh stuff, and 250mL of 'old brown', and then there is always enough to fill the tank; I find with just 1L and replenished, that the volume can drop with carry over, etc.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I find it very clever.
    One very strong advantage of Paterson is the very quick fill or dump of chemistry whatever size of the tank.
    With that in mind it is already better than Combi-Plan or the old 4x5 Nikkor tank.
    For small runs it seems perfect.
    G.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    WYSIWYG - At least that's my goal.

Portfolio-http://apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=25518

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bobwysiwyg View Post
    Maybe because it's the same person making selling them

My guess is the red one's an improved version. He's said he'd look into a 7x5 version as well.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OK, I bought one of the ones I originally inquired about and will report back when I get it and use it. Bill Barber

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin