Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,555   Posts: 1,545,012   Online: 708

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by L Gebhardt View Post
    What we really need is a 5x7 one
    Just load it sideways. It will be fine.
    Last edited by michaelbsc; 09-01-2010 at 04:46 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Did up a little video here as people were curious. No affiliation, just a curious Ebay buyer.

No report on consistency yet; I have only used it once so far and had good results. Time will prove whether it's consistent or not. I have plenty of experience with 35mm and 120 on the patterson reels, so this is a nice option. I also use the combiplan tank and tray developing.

Here it is in high def.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjO1VAP5Lr0&hd=1

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks for the video. Doesn't look so bad to me now.
    Considerably AWOL at the present time...

Archive/Blog: http://davidwilliamwhite.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just received some. Looks terrific and easy to load.
    G.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Very cool! Thanks for the link, I'll keep it in mind if my darkroom situation changes. I've had friends who complained about un-even development in yankee style tanks- but this could be a very good alternative for a daylight tank.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was just thinking of putting up a post to ask what you guys used to develop 5x4 as I am planning on having a go. I splashed out on a CombiPlan but its only just arrived so not used it. I was going to ask what experiences you have had with it. Some comments here on that line. I was worried about the time taken to load and empty the Combi so this alternative does look interesting. I don't have a 3 reel Paterson but I do 120 too so a purchase would be ok with me. So thanks for the link and I look forward to more reports on its use and particularly in comparison to the Combi,

Chris

Shooter
    4x5 Format

My Pro Plates

Hey Guys,

Thanks for all your interest in my Processors.

I'm really up to it shooting fashion week in new york, but will try and answer all the quires and thoughts you guys have had with regards to my processors, in the next few days

Cheers,

Morgan. MOD Photographic.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have used a combi for more than a year. I'd consider the MOD "pro plates" reel to be a competing choice. I'll be keeping both.

They both do the same thing (6 sheets with 1l of chemistry), cost about the same if you figure a used paterson tank with the MOD.

I bought the new MOD reel so I could potentially do 120 or 35mm and 4x5 at the same time (if I only have 1 120, as I have the 5-135 size paterson tank)

However the other day, I had 2 120 rolls to do AND 4x5 film, and my paterson tank isn't big enough for all that, so I ended up using the combi and paterson at the same time. I like my two combi tanks. The combi tanks are slower to fill/drain and a little messier than paterson gear under typical circumstances. Neither issue has any effect on image quality. Both Combi and MOD load wet or dry. (unlike traditional paterson reels, which is why stainless reels are more common in school situations I think, so they can be reused without drying)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Interesting new gadget. Will the tops and bottoms of the film stay in place throughout the processing? I'd be a little worried that the flow of chems would cause the sheets to touch. (happens occasionally with my combiplan)
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    With the combiplan, that issue is possible with vigorous agitation. Do a sort of gentle or slow motion agitation and you won't have that problem with the combi again. The film stays very well in place in the MOD reel because of how curved it is.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin