Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,710   Posts: 1,482,922   Online: 1031

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello Morgan, and welcome to APUG. Your MOD Photographic Processors are really a great idea.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi Morgan,

I've got to tell you that your processor works great!!!

For the first time since I took up 4x5 photography, I'm able to get even development.

Best regards,

Dave Held

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am used to using 500 mL for ten sheets in an Expert drum, but that is for color only. I process b/w using other methods. This insert for the Patterson tanks really is not all that bad on chemistry. I use at least 250 mL just to process a single sheet in a tray, or 2 whole liters when doing a batch of 8-10 in a deep tank, so it is better than either of these options. The six sheets equal 1.5x80 sq-in, which is not far out of line for that volume of chemistry. While there are better options (such as the SS Nikkor that is as efficient as my Jobo tank), I don't think this is a bad one.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Dear All,

I have a day off tomorrow, as i travel to Paris for the final stages of the SS11 fashion shows, if you have any questions about my processors let me know, and I'll answer them.

Cheers,

Morgan.

Go for the Nikor tank offered on the first page. They are first class and cost a small fortune new. Maybe $300 in 1960 money.

36 oz chemicals. Prefill the tank and drop the loaded reel in in the dark. pull up and rotate, reimmerse. Do this 4 times in the first minute. Than cap and use a regular daylight tank.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MOD_Photographic View Post
    Dear All,

I have a day off tomorrow, as i travel to Paris for the final stages of the SS11 fashion shows, if you have any questions about my processors let me know, and I'll answer them.

Cheers,

Morgan.
    OK, I'm interested in how well it might hold the film used in a rotary processor like a Phototherm. There is an issue of the film edge pulling out. (I realize you probably don't have access to a Phototherm to test this.) I can see that adding a small piece at the top and bottom corners of the sheets to provide more rigidity so the dynamic fluid pressure doesn't pull the film out might help.

And I'm interested in 5x7. Any concrete plans. I saw you mentioned it, but it takes effort to work out the details. A couple of 5x7 sheets in the same space so that it fits into the same tank would be pretty awesome in my mind.

Michael
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Good things happen!

I was given a Jobo 2551 tank today. I have some acrylic sheet tucked away and think I might fashion something to fit the tank in a similar style for my 4x5's and see how it goes . . .

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's easier to get a Jobo 5x4 reel for a Jobo tank, they sell for lowish prices and hold 6 sheets each. Morgan's reels are for Paterson tanks which have a narrower diameter.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yep, I will undoubtedly get one of those for the tank - and I just thought it might be fun to customise something for the jobo tank and give it a try. Nothing lost but a little time

Cheers

Shooter
    35mm
    For all who are interested, Morgan has posted a new "buy it now" on e-bay. Great product, fair price and great seller. http:// http://cgi.ebay.com/5x4-Film...item1e5eee6fb0

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin