Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,290   Posts: 1,535,385   Online: 780

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Hey Andrew,

Lining the sheets up is the hardest bit, but it doesn't take long to get the hang of it, and if you run you finger along the side in the middle, you can easily check that they are all correctly inserted. And all this in the dark.

With regards to damaging the emulsion of the neg. I advise to process with the emulsion side in, and the latest version of my processors, have ridges on the top, to help you line up the sheets, as when you load them into the darkslide. I processed 12 sheets the other day and have no marking on the neg, but of course i would say that, but its the truth.

Also if this were to occur, it would be on the outside AND not on the emulsion which is a lot more sensitive.

I always use a liter of chemical, this ensures that the sheets are always fully immersed in the chemical. I invert the tank, and do not use the twist stick, but i see no reason why this could not be a credible method also. I would point out that if you cannot invert it like a cocktail shaker, but gently.

I hope that sorts out those points.

Without being too crass, I still have a few more on ebay-

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=130441703344

All the best,

Morgan.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Hey Bill,

How have you got on using the processor???

All the best,

Morgan.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Nice vid, I'm going to try and make one soon, to just demonstrate my product.

How are you getting on? And are you getting consistent results? I love to know.

All the best,

Morgan.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Hey Tom,

as long as you don't ratle it like a cocktail shaker it works fine. Gentle inversion, a 90 degree twist and tap as you put it down works fine for me.

Cheers,

Morgan.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Thanks.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I think i should have replied with quotes, whoops.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MOD_Photographic View Post
    Hey Bill,

How have you got on using the processor???

All the best,

Morgan.
    Morgan, I'm in the midst of a very focused photo project and have not yet used my 4X5 processor. I haven't shot any 4X5 film, however that should change by the end of next month and when it does it will be getting used. Bill Barber

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Morgan, I'm afraid the limited number of people who have used your product is adversely affecting sales. Perhaps you should send me one n/c so I can get a glowing review up for you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just got back in town last night, and I found my MOD 4x5 insert had arrived in the mail.

I opened it this afternoon, and my first impression is good. I haven't used it yet, but it appears to be pretty well thought out and constructed.

It's made from what appears to be laser cut, or at least CNC cut acrylic, and the plastic joints are solvent bonded. There are no burrs on any edges, and unit is reasonably stiff and sturdy.

My gut feeling is that it will be pretty straightforward to load once I practice a minute. It's an open throat design, so there's no need to feed the film into any kind of tiny slot.

For use in a Patterson tank - the design intention - I expect it will become a standard tool in the 4x5 LF world pretty rapidly. I think this is the ticket. And I don't see why a 5x7 version isn't simple enough to make as well. By my estimates one can get at least 2 5x7 sheets, and perhaps 4 if interleaving can be figured out, into the same space.

I have doubts it will work well in a rotary processor because the hydrodynamic pressure on the edge of the sheet will be too high for the sheet to remain in the catch. But for inversion processing it should be excellent. But, as I said, that is outside the design scope.

Now, let me go shoot a few sheets and try this puppy out.

MB
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've just ordered one of these. As I already use Paterson tanks for 135 and 120, and like how quickly the tanks can be filled and drained, this seems like the best alternative for me now that I've moved back into the LF world. I'm looking forward to trying it out, and will report back with results.

Michael, have you had a chance to use the reel yet?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin