Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,832   Posts: 1,582,339   Online: 961

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Noritsu QSS Densitometer??

I've been looking for a Reflection Densitometer so that I can do my paper testing for BTZS and couldn't pass up the price on this one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWN:IT

I've heard fo Noritsu before and went to their web site, but they do not have any information listed about their densitometers.

Does anyone have any info on this one?

I don't really care about the Transmission capabilities of it because I picked up an X-Rite 361T last week. Just need something for the BTZS paper tests.

Thanks,

Jim

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by JMoore
    I've been looking for a Transmission Densitometer so that I can do my paper testing for BTZS and couldn't pass up the price on this one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWN:IT

I've heard fo Noritsu before and went to their web site, but they do not have any information listed about their densitometers.

Does anyone have any info on this one?

Thanks,

Jim
    Jim,

If you are wanting to do testing of paper then you had probably better have a reflection densitometer rather then a transmission densitometer. Transmission densitometers are usually used to read film density whereas a reflective device reads dmin and dmax of the paper.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Miller
    Jim,

If you are wanting to do testing of paper then you had probably better have a reflection densitometer rather then a transmission densitometer. Transmission densitometers are usually used to read film density whereas a reflective device reads dmin and dmax of the paper.
    Donald,

I noticed I messed up my original post and corrected it while you was replying.

I need some sleep :rolleyes:

Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Have you tried to call them? Gretag MacBeth, for example, do not have densitometer manuals on their website, but if you phone customer services they can email manuals for almost all of the densitometers they ever made.

Best, Helen

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Oooohhhh. A combination densitometer. That's a good thing. For all the zonistas out there wanting a transmission densitometer, I think that the reflection type is the thing to have. You want to measure the performance, not the score. (Obscure reference to AA, there.) For many years I had a densichron that could be used both ways and I found it useful. I was able to pick up a Rite Way reflection densitometer to measure my pt/pd prints. Dmax is one measurement, but the key evaluation is the percentage dot gain to check the highlights.
    Two New Projects! Light on China - 07/13/2014

www.joelipkaphoto.com

250+ posts and still blogging! "Postcards from the Creative Journey"

http://blog.joelipkaphoto.com/

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin