Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,214   Posts: 1,532,116   Online: 1083

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew K View Post
    Great idea...I had been wondering what to do when my Jobo eventually gave up the ghost.....

I'm curious to see how well the drums will drive with chemistry in them if you are not directly coupling the motor to them? Also are you going to rotate the drums in 1 direction, or have 2 way rotation like a Jobo does?
    The motor will be attached to the drum via the drum's magnet, and it reverses every rotation.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Multi Format
    About how fast does the JOBO drums turn? What does the change in direction really do? I am on the same basic track as the OP and need some info...this is a nice set up so far
    david
    Atlanta, GA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Change in direction is used so that the chemicals are mixed randomly, instead of exhausted developer "dragging" along the film which could cause some streaking. When it stops suddenly, the chemical in motion spreads everywhere.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You could offset the rollers so it rocks instead of reversing if you making your own

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Can I ask - how are you making the motor reverse direction?
    A camera is only a black box with a hole in it....

my blog...some film, some digital http://andrewk1965.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Depends on the sort of motor, if its a permanent magnet DC motor then just reverse the connection with a relay and timer.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by SMBooth View Post
    You could offset the rollers so it rocks instead of reversing if you making your own
    Off-setting the rollers would mean to actually let the rollers untouched but to install a kind of cam-ring on the lower part of the drum.

But still this would yield a rather constant flow (depending on the cam though). Reversing would induce turbulances and thus more mixing of the processing solution.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew K View Post
    Can I ask - how are you making the motor reverse direction?
    I am using the motor and gearbox from a Unicolor motor base. It is already set to reverse itself, all I am doing is putting it in a different case than the original.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I heard of someone using the wheels of an RC car as a rotation motor. I wish I was handy with electronics...
    Jerold Harter MD

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    This is AWSOME! I, and perhaps many others, would apprete it very much if you did a write up on the build. A site like instructables.com is a really easy way to make such a write up.

Thank you so much for sharing this!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin