Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,491   Online: 949

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by matt miller
    Mike, It looks like this order may have to be for more than the minimum of 48, depending on how many everyone wants. 6 would be ideal for me, but will take 8 if I have to.

I read in your original post about these that you had to do a little prep work to use them, like removing a liner, washing & painting, etc. Do you happen to know what, if any, work will be required to get these special order tubes ready for use?

Thanks for doing this!

Matt

Matt:

I believe the tubes that would be ordered would be ready to use, except for the fiberglass screen that you would have to provide. They will come in black, so there will be no painting needed...and there's also no liner to remove as far as I know. You can buy a rather large roll of the fiberglass screen from your local hardware store for about 5 dollars.
    RL Foley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by matt miller
    Mike, It looks like this order may have to be for more than the minimum of 48, depending on how many everyone wants. 6 would be ideal for me, but will take 8 if I have to.

I read in your original post about these that you had to do a little prep work to use them, like removing a liner, washing & painting, etc. Do you happen to know what, if any, work will be required to get these special order tubes ready for use?

Thanks for doing this!

Matt
    I'd take the other half of this order's 6. I just didn't think I would want to process more than 6 at a time.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Okay, here is how our list is now....
    I think we should end it here for now as you can only order from them in increments of 48 (case) and we divide nicely at 8.

JMoore
    Jorge
    Nose Oil
    Mike Pry
    Jim Shanesy
    Matt Miller
    Silver Pixels
    Aggie

I talked to the manufacturer today and they will ship out tomorrow, hopefully. These are black and do NOT have the steel lining in them. The only modification I did was to take off the little plastic hoop/eyelet thing on the cap so as it would sit flat. Not a big thing at all and one will instantly see what I'm talking about when they see it.

Please e-mail me your addresses asap.
    Everyone can have six the way it stands now. Even if you don't do six at a time, it's nice to have additional dry ones for the next batch waiting. I usually do two-three at a time. I will ship out as soon as I get them

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mike and all. Got my tubes already and they are quite a deal. They are well made, easy to use and seem to be as good as it gets for 8x10. Much easier than having to make them out of plumbing supplies and they have a gasket to seal things well. Hats off to Mike!

Max

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    How are these working out?

With all the recent discussion of stand agitation, is anyone interested in ordering up another batch? If Mike would be willing to share the info with me, I'd be happy to organize it this time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bmac
    Not to take this OT, but what was the issue with the expert drums? I just finished up 10 8x10 negs (2 batches of 5) and aside from almost knocking myself off when I used the pump to take the lid off, I have been happy as a clam.
    Yeah, What's up with that? The cover on my 4x5/5x7 expert drum comes off easily with a pump or two, but the 8x10 needs to build up a huge amount of dangerous pressure. I've been thinking of lightly sanding the inside lip of the lid, but these things are so ridiculously priced that I'm leery of doing that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Max
    How are these working out?

With all the recent discussion of stand agitation, is anyone interested in ordering up another batch? If Mike would be willing to share the info with me, I'd be happy to organize it this time.
    OK, I'm in for at least 6. Just for my curiosity, i could do 8x10, 5x7, or 4x5 with these, right? Can two 4x5 sheets be done at the same time?

Isaac
    See my adventures in Yemen here:
    www.isaharr.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by isaacc7
    OK, I'm in for at least 6. Just for my curiosity, i could do 8x10, 5x7, or 4x5 with these, right? Can two 4x5 sheets be done at the same time?

Isaac
    I would like to test these tubes as well so please count me in for six tubes of the 8X10 size. These are black, right?

Sandy King

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    They are black & very light tight. They work great.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    J and C will be carrying the tubes from now on and they should be available in the very near future. He should have them in his possesion by the end of next week.
    "EVERY film and paper is good .......... for something"
    Phil Davis

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin