Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,849   Posts: 1,582,827   Online: 758

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm in for four.

THANKS!

Gerhard

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

How do you use them?

I haven't seen any pictures so I'm curious as to how you would use these things. You'd obviously have to load the tubes in the dark, but wouldn't you have to put the developer in them in the dark too? Seems like a logistical problem, and then what about stop, fix, etc? Anyone care to share their techniques? Thanks!

Isaac
    See my adventures in Yemen here:
    www.isaharr.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    The film is loaded in the dark into the tube. The screw-on cap is off to the side with the dev. already in it. The tube containing the sheet of film is screwed onto the cap with dev. The tube is then put into the water and developing is commenced. I have an extra cap off to the side in which I have the stop bath in. After dev. time is up lights go off to simply unscrew tube and screw on cap with stop bath. Ditto for fix. It is darn near seamless. Sometimes I get lazy and don't even use a stop and go straight to fix from dev. J and C will have these available with an extra cap in the next two weeks.
    "EVERY film and paper is good .......... for something"
    Phil Davis

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

That makes sense...

Quote Originally Posted by mikepry
    The film is loaded in the dark into the tube. The screw-on cap is off to the side with the dev. already in it. The tube containing the sheet of film is screwed onto the cap with dev. The tube is then put into the water and developing is commenced. I have an extra cap off to the side in which I have the stop bath in. After dev. time is up lights go off to simply unscrew tube and screw on cap with stop bath. Ditto for fix. It is darn near seamless. Sometimes I get lazy and don't even use a stop and go straight to fix from dev. J and C will have these available with an extra cap in the next two weeks.
    Aha, so the extra cap is the key then. That makes much more sense. I was trying to imagine dumping, filling, and screwing the cap in the dark fast enough to not effect the processing times. So the fiberglass screen material is so the solutions get to the back of the film, right?

Isaac
    See my adventures in Yemen here:
    www.isaharr.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Nope, these tubes have ridges inside so that the developer also wets the outside of the film. I am telling you these are great!

Max

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Since J&C will be carrying these, we should support our sponsor and order from them.

Mike has informed me that the tubes are in the mail to us. They should be available for shipment next week. They are on the web site now.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jandc
    Mike has informed me that the tubes are in the mail to us. They should be available for shipment next week. They are on the web site now.
    In a private email Mike mentioned that the tubes are available in 30" length. Is this correct?

Sandy

Quote Originally Posted by sanking
    In a private email Mike mentioned that the tubes are available in 30" length. Is this correct?

Sandy
    That is not what is being shipped to us at the moment. I will have to talk to Mike about it as this is the first I've heard.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Sandy,
    The tubes are available from the manufacturer in the longer length. There is a substantial minimum order and if there are enough people to purchase them we can arrange that. I believe there would be a minimum of 48. I can check when I get back home if you want.
    "EVERY film and paper is good .......... for something"
    Phil Davis

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin