Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,997   Posts: 1,524,295   Online: 845

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Francesco,

Do you ever see evidence of the screens in areas of continuous tone, like skies, etc? I've used vinyl screens for some but have noticed a faint screen pattern on some of my prints. I don't know why this would happen though.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Matt, never noticed any marks - all negatives come out clean and damage free. Perhaps this is a result of using vinyl screens as opposed to fiberglass ones?
    Francesco

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Could be. I'll get some fiberglass screens & try them out. Thanks.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by matt miller
    Has anyone noticed any scratches/rub marks on the base side of the film from using these tubes? I believe that I'm getting them when I pull the film out of the tube to put it in the stop bath. I think the film is sometimes stuck to the ridges & pulling it out is putting marks on the base. It's shown up in printing on one neg so far. Anyone else getting this?
    That's why I use the fiberglass screen. The base side of the film is not rubbing against anything when I pull it out by grabbing the screen.
    Jim

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I've never noticed any marks on my negs (8/10, 5/7) w/o the screens although the use of the screen doesn't sound like a bad idea. I never take out the film until completion. If I'm processesing multiple sheets at different dev. times I'll have a small tub to the side with stop bath and plunge the tube in it's entirety into the stop letting it fill and then cap it and continue on with the development of the other tubes in the developer. It has servrd me well. If I'm doing only one sheet I never take it out to put it in stop bath. I simply leave it in the tube. As far as chemistry goes...I have used as little as 200ml of dev. and it seemed to work good but I settled on 250ml and it's more than enough for non-stand dev.
    "EVERY film and paper is good .......... for something"
    Phil Davis

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin