Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,764   Posts: 1,516,283   Online: 1136

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Developing Tubes

I'm reposting this old thread for the benefit of anyone that is interested in going in on a lot of these tubes. There has all of a sudden been two people who have contacted me and are interested in getting some of these. I would like to have 5 people to do this and we need two more. These really work nice and I just love them. So if anyone else wants to go in on them just holler and we can do it. If five people do it we can be at 50 or thereabouts each.

Mike

"Brian,
    I can say that the welding rod tubes are working out great so far. I tried using ABS pipe(2") at first but found three things that I didn't like...
    1) The weight of them
    2) The ease of getting the caps on and off
    3) Having to fix in a tray
    With the Rod Gaurd tubes I have eliminated the pre soak with no difference in the end result at all(FP4). I know allot of people say to do it but on the other hand there are people that are just as firm on NOT doing it. Well I tried it and it works just fine without. I can load the tube up dry and fixing is done to completion inside the tube. These tubes are very lightweight and to screw the caps on and off is very quick and easy. I have since contacted the Manufactuer and I can get these tubes in BLACK but I have to buy 48 of them. If any one on this forum wants to purchase with me, we can get them for under 5.00 each. The company sent me one so as I could try it to see if it was light tight and yeppers it was. Silver Pixels is interested in some and I'm wanting more so why don't we get together on this and get some. I'd like to have more than one so I can do multiple sheets. The company also said they can work out a deal for extra caps. That would be handy. So at around 4.80 each that comes out to about 230.00 less shipping. If we get 4 people on this we're at about 60 bucks each! That's doable I think. The other thing I like about them (and the ABS as well) is that in a water bath there is zero flucuations in temp and that is key. Anyone out there interested let me know and let's do this."

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Mike,

I am interested. In fact if you can't find 5 people I am willing to double my order and take the place of 2 people.

Jim

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mikepry
    I'm reposting this old thread for the benefit of anyone that is interested in going in on a lot of these tubes. There has all of a sudden been two people who have contacted me and are interested in getting some of these. I would like to have 5 people to do this and we need two more. These really work nice and I just love them. So if anyone else wants to go in on them just holler and we can do it. If five people do it we can be at 50 or thereabouts each.

Mike

"Brian,
    I can say that the welding rod tubes are working out great so far. I tried using ABS pipe(2") at first but found three things that I didn't like...
    1) The weight of them
    2) The ease of getting the caps on and off
    3) Having to fix in a tray
    With the Rod Gaurd tubes I have eliminated the pre soak with no difference in the end result at all(FP4). I know allot of people say to do it but on the other hand there are people that are just as firm on NOT doing it. Well I tried it and it works just fine without. I can load the tube up dry and fixing is done to completion inside the tube. These tubes are very lightweight and to screw the caps on and off is very quick and easy. I have since contacted the Manufactuer and I can get these tubes in BLACK but I have to buy 48 of them. If any one on this forum wants to purchase with me, we can get them for under 5.00 each. The company sent me one so as I could try it to see if it was light tight and yeppers it was. Silver Pixels is interested in some and I'm wanting more so why don't we get together on this and get some. I'd like to have more than one so I can do multiple sheets. The company also said they can work out a deal for extra caps. That would be handy. So at around 4.80 each that comes out to about 230.00 less shipping. If we get 4 people on this we're at about 60 bucks each! That's doable I think. The other thing I like about them (and the ABS as well) is that in a water bath there is zero flucuations in temp and that is key. Anyone out there interested let me know and let's do this."
    Hey Mike, count me in, while I will still be doing brush development for the 12x20's, I think I can get away with doing tube development for the 8x10's. I tried the Jobo expert drum on a motor base and it was a hassle, specially if you had more than one neg in the drum. So sounds like the welding rod tubes are a good solution.

Images
    Not to take this OT, but what was the issue with the expert drums? I just finished up 10 8x10 negs (2 batches of 5) and aside from almost knocking myself off when I used the pump to take the lid off, I have been happy as a clam.
    hi!

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Welding Tubes

Mike, would you be so kind as to post an image of the tube as well as mention what the dimensions are?
    Thanks

Gary

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by bmac
    Not to take this OT, but what was the issue with the expert drums? I just finished up 10 8x10 negs (2 batches of 5) and aside from almost knocking myself off when I used the pump to take the lid off, I have been happy as a clam.
    Exactly the same issue as you, I wanted to develop 2 negatives at different times and trying to open that &%&·$% lid was a real pain. Of course all this had to be done in the dark, so I gave up. Having a drum with 5 holes and only being able to develop one negative at the time seemed like a waste of time and developer to me. I dont know how you manage to get 10 negatives with the same developing time, but I almost never get the same developing times.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    If you want to see one, go to www.filmholders.com and look under developing tubes. The dim. are as follows;

Main tube body....................12" long
    cap....................................4" high (holds up to 375ml)
    I.D.....................................2-7/7"

Well we have enough people for me to place the order so here is where we stand as of now;

Mike Pry
    Jorge
    Silver Pixels
    Matt Miller
    JMoore

If anyone else wants in let me know ASAP!

As I said it will be 248.00 for the tubes and then shipping to me in Wisconsin. I can order them today or tommorow and then if you all would email me w/your addresses I will figure out individual shipping charges and then get back to you on them. I gaurantee you will love these things.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mike, I'm in if you still have room on this batch. tim curry

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mikepry
    Mike Pry
    Jorge
    Silver Pixels
    Matt Miller
    JMoore

If anyone else wants in let me know ASAP!
    I'm in. Please email particulars to jshanesy@starpower.net and your check is in the mail.

Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mike, It looks like this order may have to be for more than the minimum of 48, depending on how many everyone wants. 6 would be ideal for me, but will take 8 if I have to.

I read in your original post about these that you had to do a little prep work to use them, like removing a liner, washing & painting, etc. Do you happen to know what, if any, work will be required to get these special order tubes ready for use?

Thanks for doing this!

Matt

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin