Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,814   Posts: 1,581,616   Online: 765

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Anyone seen enlarging lenses like these?

These lenses came along with a box full of darkroom accessories. I'm not quite sure on what enlarger they fit. I've never seen enlarging lenses mounted as these. There are 3 Rodagon's (50,80,105) and a Componon 60mm. I'm not even sure they all fit on the same enlarger. The 3 Rodagons have a different mount than the componon. Any ideas would be appreciated....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lenses.jpg  
    Last edited by Pasto; 09-11-2010 at 11:01 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Must be junk, just send them to me.

All these lenses are good. The Rodagons are top of the line stuff. I do not have a Componon, but I would guess that it is a high quality enlarging lens. They can be used on the enlarge you have, but you may need to change the mounts.

Steve
    Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    They look like Omega mounts - I think they would fit on my DII.
    Louie

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Thanks Steve. I was wondering if the mounts would identify them in any way. Louie, that makes sense because I did find some other Omega accessories in the same box. I'll list the stuff I'm not using in the classifieds for anyone who may be interested.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    They don't look like the typical Omega D mounts I've seen, but it's possible that they are all designed to mount to the flat (35mm) Omega lens mount. If so, the longer focal length lenses should be on the taller mounts.
    "Far more critical than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know." - Eric Hoffer

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    The 105mm is mounted on the smallest mount??? It looks like they may not be for an Omega. The lenses are either mounted backward, or the mounts are acting to recess the lenses into some type of reproduction machine. To me, it looks more like the lenses are mounted backward. I also note that the lenses have a "P" designation next to the name. The aperture on the lenses is also fixed with a small hex head bolt. There is also a little dash printed on the aperture scale between f/11 and f/16, just where the lens aperture is fixed. I assume it will be free to move if I remove the bolt. The closer I look the greater the mystery becomes....

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Durst mounts, perhaps?
    My real name is Patrick, not Joe. Long Story.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd guess they are from some sort of machine printer(s) that one might have found in a commercial lab.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    The give away is the locked aperture. They are from an automatic printer in a commercial lab. Remove them from these mounts by unscrewing the retaining ring and you can use them on any enlarger.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Films NOT Dead - Just getting fixed![/FONT]

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Thanks everyone...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin