Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,502   Posts: 1,543,379   Online: 768

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You will be forgiven this one contact with/mention of, the "D" word.
    WYSIWYG - At least that's my goal.

Portfolio-http://apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=25518

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    At the suggestion of a screen printer, I'm working on a vacuum easel that uses a single-speed air mattress pump to provide suction, and thin magnetic strips over the unused portions of the board to control the intensity. The mattress was thrown away years ago, but I couldn't bring myself to throw away the pump.

I have also used all manners of containers for processing trays.

I use my bathroom mirror as a squeegee board, and a towel laid on the washer and dryer as a drying rack.

I use a half bathroom shower stall as a drying cabinet, after steaming up the bathroom first.

I use a paper towel roll as a drying rack for graduates and bottles.

I use a kitty litter container (about 3.5 gallons, with a big screw top) to store spent fixer.

Yes, I need to do some work on my darkroom!
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 09-26-2010 at 03:26 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm really enjoying this thread. Maybe APUG could make a new forum "Improvised photo and darkroom gear".

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mwdake View Post
    I too was going to make my own base for my 16x20 easel; but I managed to snag a brand new Saunders 16x20 borderless easel of Craigslist for $35.
    Good score. Those things go for about $140 USD new. I must admit though, I've had my share of good luck this year. Early on this summer, a friend gifted me a 1967 Nikon F with two lenses, a 50 mm f/1.4 chrome nose, and a pre-AI 85 mm f/1.8. The shutter was a little sticky on the camera, but with a little cleaning it's now in top form. The meter is way off, and while I know how to adjust it, I don't want to peel back the leather to access the adjustment screws. The camera is too pretty and I'd hate to ugly it up. The barrels of the lenses were a little scuffed up, but no big deal there. They've seen some use. The glass is clean and clear, the focusing mechanisms are smooth and without excess play, and iris blades are clean and operate as they should. Then, just a few weeks ago, I picked up a Beseler 45MX-II with an Aristo Cold light head. While the machine is in good shape, the previous owner couldn't find any buyers and was about to just give up. We connected by chance and the enlarger now has a new home. I found a condenser head for it, and it will be back in use when I make a space in my darkroom for it.
    Frank Schifano

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    At the suggestion of a screen printer, I'm working on a vacuum easel that uses a single-speed air mattress pump to provide suction, and thin magnetic strips over the unused portions of the board to control the intensity. The mattress was thrown away years ago, but I couldn't bring myself to throw away the pump.

Neat idea. I have one of those pumps lying around here somewhere.
    Frank Schifano

Europa >> Austria >> Carinthia >> Klagenfurt
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    A salad dryer to remove excessive fluid from the film. I put the film on the reel in, spin it and its mostly dry. I modified the dryer a bit,making a pin for the film to stick on, and a counterweight on the other side.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Jar opener for lens rings:

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Clothes washing machine under tray as print tray:

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hemostats for sheetfilm drying:

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Some kind of bathroom rack from Home Depot had slots the correct size to fit print drying screens:

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin