Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,287   Posts: 1,535,306   Online: 892

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Making a 4x5 "expert" style tank

I am forever waiting on a Jobo setup....

After looking at the expert drums online, here is my thoughts:

get (find my old) tall patterson tank.

install as many round pvc tubes that will fit in the tank.
    tubes I figure to cut some slots/drill holes for the chemistry to move about.

thoughts ?

the more I think about this, it seems a really good way to go and save a LOT of money!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Try getting in touch with Dave Smith of Electromechanical Services in LA, CA. He is a trained Jobo repair person and has some parts in stock. I have gotten Jobo parts from him. He and his wife are really great people, but they do not answer the telephone so call and leave a message at 1-323-227-1869 OR him email at joboman@aol.com.

I was able to get a new Jobo 3010 Expert Tank for 4x5s from FreeStyle last month.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Search for "taco."
    It may be a little easier than what you are suggesting and there will be support from a number of people that use that method in a daylight film or paper drum.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    thanks kindly

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I got this on ebay from Morgan (mod photographic). Works like a charm in a five reels Paterson tank. Takes a couple of practice runs to load the sheets in the dark but otherwise it is a breeze to process six sheets.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ht_2776wt_1141

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bspeed View Post
    get (find my old) tall patterson tank.

install as many round pvc tubes that will fit in the tank.
    tubes I figure to cut some slots/drill holes for the chemistry to move about.

thoughts ?
    I started down exactly the path you describe above. I finally ended up here.

Eventually I threw in the towel and purchased a pristine Nikor 4x5 tank on the evil auction site. Then I went 8x10 and put together a nice used four-tank, water-jacketed Arkay hanger processing line and picked up half a dozen 4-up 4x5 hangers.

But processing quality-wise those little plastic 4x5 taco cages were easily the equal of them all.

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    The inner tubes of an Expert tank are not cylinders, they ae barrel shaped.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Films NOT Dead - Just getting fixed![/FONT]

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin