Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,815   Posts: 1,581,624   Online: 751

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hmm...I don't think it is a good idea to control the lamp like that on a closed loop system. I suspect the prior owner make that hookup. If you ask me, a design like that will make the system do just what you are experiencing. If the head and display are powered up but the lamp is shut off by the Analyzer Pro, then it can't set any values. It needs the light.

So, my opinion is that its not going to work correctly wired like that.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Hi Ruben

I second ic-racer’s opinion that this looks a very odd arrangement.

On the basis that “Devere original” drawing is correct, I would have tried taking the cable labeled “line and filters” from the output side of the transformer as normal and then finding the lamp wires and putting them through the “Analyser Pro” But –But before doing that I would email Richard at RHDesgins and ask what he knows about this setup. If Richard has no experience with this particular Devere then talk to – email the Devere guys.

Regards

Rob

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Hi ic-racer

Thought – if one puts an independent timer ( Analyser Pro ) in the circuit then how is the closed loop going to work or put it the other way round if the closed loop is working and metering the light values then why do we need the independent timer ??

OK so I am dumb and it is the sort of thing I might try so as to be able to do split grade printing but on thinking it through one would need to have manual control of the filters or “white only” and use under lens type filtering.

I wonder what Richard will come up with ?

Best Regards

Rob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Hale View Post
    Hi ic-racer

Thought – if one puts an independent timer ( Analyser Pro ) in the circuit then how is the closed loop going to work or put it the other way round if the closed loop is working and metering the light values then why do we need the independent timer ??

OK so I am dumb and it is the sort of thing I might try so as to be able to do split grade printing but on thinking it through one would need to have manual control of the filters or “white only” and use under lens type filtering.

I wonder what Richard will come up with ?

Best Regards

Rob
    Your thoughts are correct.

I'm pretty sure there is a timer in the DeVere control panel. I'd just do everything through that like its supposed to work.

I'd not use the AnalyzerPro and I'd not do split grade. But if one wanted to, you could swing the red filter under (or lenscap) when you make the filter change (because the light needs to be on to change the settings on the control panel) . Then do the second exposure.

The closed loop concept is pretty useless with split grade printing anyway. The advantage of the closed loop system with B&W multigrade printing is the ease of setting and reproduction of your combined Yellow and Magenta values. I don't have closed loop on my 8x10 enlarger and I have to get up on a ladder to twist the dials, so filter control through the keyboard is another big advantage on an 8x10 enlarger

I am envious of Ruben's system and I'd certainly put it back to is original form if I had it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello,
    first, excuse me for my explanations, my english isn´t good and my electrical knowledge neither.

When I bought DeVere closed loop system was ok, but I had a led cold light head and I adapted this to DeVere. I used Analyser with cold light head and I was a happy man Unfortunately led head died, and I was in the middle of exhibition production. I had not money for change leds head and I decided to use DeVere original diffusse light. The problem now was Analyser. I contacted with Richard and I explained to him my idea, but this system is not compatible. I used Ilford filters always, I don´t liked work with color heads. I didn´t care breaking the loop because I only need light, Ilford filters and my Analyser calibrate.

As of today, I finished my exhibition and I started to think to complete the modification for , in a future, can to use original color head. Then, I discover the famous "closed loop system". I need to cancel light sensor of this system for only put colour values in console and to start filters motors independently light. But not total cancel for can calibrate filters some time. This is the problem now...

I don´t want to lose Analyser in my work system and head filters is just a desire to have a more complete enlarger.

Thank you very much for your help, some idea?

Best Regards,

Ruben

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Hi Ruben,

I think I have an understanding of where you are at and will think it through, but I have a lot of grass to mow and a son’s fortieth birthday coming, up so it may be after the weekend before I have any sensible ideas.
    Question: now you have the exhibition over, are thinking of repairing the led head ?

Regards

Rob

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Hi ic-racer,

I knew there must be a good reason not to envious of your 8 x 10, huumm ladders and filters ??? at least I only have to stand up to reach the 138 CLS 300 filters and, and and although it was quite painful ( writing the program ) I can now drive the AC 901 from a laptop via the parallel port (- - skiting including the filters ).

If you have not tried split grade printing be aware that it can be a very useful tool. I seem to be using it more and more, come on tell the truth I have printed, only split grade for the last two and half months ( the better the negative the better the print ).

Regards

Rob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Hale View Post
    Hi ic-racer,

ladders and filters ??? at least I only have to stand up to reach the 138 CLS 300 filters and,
    Yes that few extra inches of negative (5x7 to 8x10) translates into a few more FEET of extra height!
    I am grateful to have many of the hard-to-find Durst items, but the CLS head I got came from an enlarger used for horizontal projection, so I don't have the hang-down extensions

With respect to the original problem here, I'd consider selling the working closed loop head to someone what wants that kind of system and get some other head that works with the Analyzer Pro.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Hi Ruben,

Why don’t you use the analyzer part of the Analyser Pro to find your best exposure and then transfer the displayed time to the Devere control system ? If I am right this will give you full benefit of the closed loop and the analysis of the Analyser Pro resulting in very repeatable prints.

Regards

Rob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you all for answer.

ic-racer: I appreciate your advice, but is imposible for me change this head now. Besides, like I said I worked always with Ilford filters and Analyser is calibrated now and results are very good.

Robert: I thought about it before I modificated system. In that moment I discovered "closed loop" concept. What are those benefits that you say? Thank you.

Regards,

Ruben

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin