Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,059   Posts: 1,561,600   Online: 798

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fschifano View Post
    Stick a little Gorilla Glue in the plastic thingie and shove the bamboo back in. As the glue dries, it expands and sticks like all get out. they'll never come out again. I guarantee it.
    Thanks for the tip. Now all I have to do is find a gorilla willing to give up his glue...

Oh, and in reply to a comment by another poster: yes, bamboo tongs do absorb chemicals. That's why you use a different color tong in each tray, and never switch them.
    Eddy McDonald
    www.fotoartes.com
    Eschew defenestration!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Gorilla Glue: http://www.gorillaglue.com/glues/gorillaglue/index.aspx

Home Depot, Lowes, any hardware store should have it. Great stuff to have around the house for emergency repairs.
    Frank Schifano

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    No question the Kostiner stainless steel tongs are the finest for handling fiber prints smaller than 11x14. They last almost forever - if you can find someone willing to part with a set. I always use both my hands for 11x14 and larger sizes. Tongs are simply way too risky with larger sized fiber prints

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin