Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,580   Posts: 1,545,761   Online: 1058

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Auction of College Equipment - AUSTRALIA

Thought some Australian APUGers might be interested in some gear being unloaded by my former college:

http://www.evansclarke.com.au/catalog.asp?catid=602

5x4 gear, Pentax 6x7 lot of 5 cameras, LPL & Devere enlargers, wing-lynch processor etc

Ends in just under 3 days - so you'll need to be quick.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks for the heads up Nanette.....

Now, anyone know how good Toyoview 4x5 monorails are?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    thankyousoveryverymuch! That's about 10km from me and I have found me a 4x5 enlarger!

Edit: what is a DeVere 405 worth? What about a 4x5 Sinar or Toyoview monorail of unknown model? I will try to get to the inspection on Monday but it will be hard.

Do I want a Colormate, Colormaster, Colorstar or Speedmaster colour analyser!? Ignoring accessories, do I want this or this version of the enlarger?
    Last edited by polyglot; 10-09-2010 at 04:44 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hoffy View Post
    Thanks for the heads up Nanette.....

Now, anyone know how good Toyoview 4x5 monorails are?
    They aren't a bad model - I used one of these at the college, not quite as robust as the Sinars or Horsemans, but still a nice unit to start out with.

Note they will show the wear and tear of college use, but if you get it for a good price you'll be laughing!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Those Devere's are built like tanks! you won't go wrong with them moving in any way; took me ages to get used to using the focus knobs on the baseboard, but once I figured it out, was a breeze.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Well, that was productive You get anything, Hoffy?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    NO, I forgot in the end! The only thing I was interested was one of the 4x5's. In the end though, I figured I don't need new stuff while I am still learning the stuff that I have.

What did you end up with Poly?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    DeVere 4x5 enlarger, Nikon 8000, one Sinar P kit (with a 150/5.6 I think) and one Toyoview kit (with a 90/6.8, 150/5.6 and 210/5.6). I missed out on the Nikkor 65/4, grrr, someone else there knew what it was worth and I couldn't really justify the extra $$$ right now even though it (and a huge lot of 5 lenses and Toyoview bits) closed for a massively bargain price.

I will be selling both the monorails and my extra 150/5.6 so that I can buy a 4x5 field camera. I get the impression the Sinar is worth maybe $800 but the Toyoview I don't know yet - I'll make some posts on lfpf and here when I actually have them in my mitts and can make some photos of their condition.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Sounds good. The DeVere would have been a good buy, I have to admit, considering that there were no takers on any of them when I looked with a day to go. Did you get one for the reserve price? I simply don't have the room and in reality, the need for such a big enlarger.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    They all sold, but I got mine for the starting bid. I actually bid on #12 when there were no takers and some idiot outbid me instead of going for a different one, so I went for a different one. I ended up with #1, with the 16x20 easel (which alone is probably worth what I paid for the enlarger), though it has the older-style head and a crappier colour analyser.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin